• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Trimming Questions?

KGNickl

NAXJA Forum User
Any links or pics w/ examples of where to trim front and back to look good. Want to see examples to see what I like the best before I cut. Also what type of tool will cut then the cleanest? It's my daily and I want it to look nice and clean and not distort the metal. Just a nice clean rounded trim. I'm taking off the fender flares completely and i'm thinking around the lip. I need the most clearance possible w/ still looking decent. Rear is ok fron't the tires rub in the fender closest to the door on both sides? Any way to fix this cause in the front i have plenty of clearance just the axle seems closer to the doors. Thanks

I trimmed my fronts yesterday like Martin showed and it worked well and atleast I think looks pretty decent. I would suggest a cut off wheel to do the cutting. I tried using a jig saw but it was too shaky and I didn't really want to haul out the sawzall. The cut worked reall well and I went through 1 and 1/2 for the fronts. Cut fairly nice but like he says in his article I smoothed it up some and then put a piece of black rubber trim around it to try and gaurd the tires from any pointy edges.

- Kevin

Does anyone have a writeup where I can find out how much I have to cut off for Bushwackers? I ordered them but would like to have the Fenders trimmed and ready to go when I get them. Any help would be great!

Looks like he didn't want to go by Bushwackers instructions. Do you have to cut past the pinch welds to install them properly, I don't want any fender sticking out like it was on his install, and would think I'd get more clearance with more fender being gone. Would I be able to spotweld on the inner fender somewhere else?

That article is what i'm going to be doing. I have a cutoff tool w/ my aircompressor which is broken now so guess i'll have to wait till the compressor is fixed. Bushwacker are only practical if your state cares and you do. In Missouri i've never been pulled over for no fenders w/ the 2 other jeeps i've owned that had them removed so i'll cut and cross my fingers.

Back