NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > Land Use / Off Topic and other Forums > Non-Tech / Off Topic
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Non-Tech / Off Topic The popular Non-Tech Forum. NO SPAM at all. Period.

Old March 6th, 2007, 15:56
Admin and Member #69

Two Tickets to Paradise.....

...and she was Shakin'. I get to be in the studio tomorrow from 11:30 thru 2:30 PM with Eddie Money. I am looking forward to it, pretty excited... so I thught I would share with the group.

2001 4door XJ. 4.5 inch long arms, 33x12.50-15 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's, Superchips Flashpaq, bigger throttle body, AFE cold air intake, Advanced Adapters SYE, and a ton of stuff still to do on this project!
Old March 6th, 2007, 15:58
Still Flailing

Re: Two Tickets to Paradise.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboken Hobo
...and she was Shakin'. I get to be in the studio tomorrow from 11:30 thru 2:30 PM with Eddie Money. I am looking forward to it, pretty excited... so I thught I would share with the group.
right on, but dangit, I wonder how long that song is going to be stuck in my head now, I am going to walk around the shop and hum it and see if i can pass that on
Old March 6th, 2007, 16:00
Admin and Member #69

I am crankin some of his old stuff now here at home. I dig his older ('70s early '80s) stuff.

2001 4door XJ. 4.5 inch long arms, 33x12.50-15 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's, Superchips Flashpaq, bigger throttle body, AFE cold air intake, Advanced Adapters SYE, and a ton of stuff still to do on this project!
Old March 6th, 2007, 16:36
NAXJA Forum User

Nice.

I hate you.

Rev
Old March 6th, 2007, 16:40
Admin and Member #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Den
Nice.

I hate you.

Rev
Aww, now! Don't be hatin'. Unless they come up with another project, I look to be unemployed by the end of the week.

Old March 6th, 2007, 16:41
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Must be nice. I've always enjoyed his older stuff myself (and "Take Me Home Tonight" with Ronnie Spector was killer!)

I'd always wondered what it would be like to sit and yarn with some of those musicians - you know, the ones that were actually worthy of being called such... I have met a few, and they always seemed fairly well-grounded. Just to hear their experiences tho - not only the ones that come out in their music, but the ones that don't, would be fascinating...
Old March 6th, 2007, 16:47
Admin and Member #69

I have had *way* more than my share of sitting down with great musicians over the years. The stories are all great and varied. It is really cool to hear some of the back-ground to what has created hits. Most are indeed well grounded, they have to be. Or else they go the way of Joplin, Cobain, or idiots like Axl Rose. Hell, have you seen an Eddie VanHalen pic lately? Or a pic of David Coverdale? Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90
Must be nice. I've always enjoyed his older stuff myself (and "Take Me Home Tonight" with Ronnie Spector was killer!)

I'd always wondered what it would be like to sit and yarn with some of those musicians - you know, the ones that were actually worthy of being called such... I have met a few, and they always seemed fairly well-grounded. Just to hear their experiences tho - not only the ones that come out in their music, but the ones that don't, would be fascinating...

Old March 6th, 2007, 18:44
Curmudgeon

Only one thing to say, Glenn.

You suck.

"Jeeps are Cherokees. All other models are wannabes." Deb. K.
Old March 6th, 2007, 19:35
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
I have had *way* more than my share of sitting down with great musicians over the years. The stories are all great and varied. It is really cool to hear some of the back-ground to what has created hits. Most are indeed well grounded, they have to be. Or else they go the way of Joplin, Cobain, or idiots like Axl Rose. Hell, have you seen an Eddie VanHalen pic lately? Or a pic of David Coverdale? Yikes!
Hell man - W. Axl Rose (born "Bill Bailey") has always been a arse. I knew him in high school...

On the other end of the scale - ran across John Mellencamp once upon a time in his hometown (Seymour, IN) - to talk to him at the time, you'd have no idea at all he was famous. Go figure...

Gotta give Janis Joplin one thing tho - she set aside an awful lot of money in her will so "All my friends can have a party and get f***** up when I'm gone." That's something...
Old March 6th, 2007, 19:40
NAXJA Forum User

I get to spend a few hours with Eric Clapton on Thursday night. Just me and him. And 40,000 other fans, but mostly just me and him. I asked him to show me how to play Layla.

Not to diminish you opportunity, sounds like fun!
Old March 6th, 2007, 20:26
Admin and Member #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90
Hell man - W. Axl Rose (born "Bill Bailey") has always been a arse. I knew him in high school...

On the other end of the scale - ran across John Mellencamp once upon a time in his hometown (Seymour, IN) - to talk to him at the time, you'd have no idea at all he was famous. Go figure...

Gotta give Janis Joplin one thing tho - she set aside an awful lot of money in her will so "All my friends can have a party and get f***** up when I'm gone." That's something...
Now Axl is supposedly older that I am. I am older than you are. Yet you knew him in high school? Like the same way I knew Charlies Angels in high school, right?

John Mellencamp was here last week... or week before, I forget. He did the Bob Costas sports show (dunno WTF that was about) as well as a standard interview.

Old March 7th, 2007, 13:53
Admin and Member #69

Well, that was fun. Nice guy. Here is a pic of Eddie and I: (and no, I do not feel like resizing it right now. )

Old March 7th, 2007, 19:52
NAXJA Forum User

Which one are you? The ugly one? or the uglier one.
Old March 7th, 2007, 20:09
NAXJA Forum User

The guy on the right looks like a Hobo.
So, that must mean that the guy on the left is Glenn.

Hale
Old March 7th, 2007, 23:48
NAXJA Forum User

I was thinking the guy on the left has a look on his face like "ahh I'm really nervous because I am standing next to a living legend" While the guy on the right has this look on his face like "look....another schmuck who wants his pic taken with a living legend."

Wonder if I'm right?