• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which motor mounts?

ShoeterMcgav

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ok.. Before the flamethrowers go off- I know its all about Browndog! Lol I've read of some others but seems Brown dog is king for the most part. Which of the 2 options and why?
Read about some engine vibes? Not that i care, just want whats easiest on the exhust. New header (still choosing) exhuast and hangers... I want to do the mounts that keep the most strain of the header- knowing poor mounts lead to quick death for headers/ manifolds.

Tia

*Off of the header

If I didn't already have browndog I would
Have bought m.o.r.e. 150$ bombproof. There is no other after market that has that much rubber support, at least that ive seen. And they are colorado based.

With that said BD is a naxja sponsor with great products and support, I wouldn't hesitate with these again either.

Last edited:
Stinkyfab makes some nice mounts. I'd look into them.

I've got a brand new set of Browndogs I'll make you a deal on.

Have bought m.o.r.e. 150$ bombproof. There is no other after market that has that much rubber support, at least that ive seen. And they are colorado based.

I've had a set of the M.O.R.E. mounts (JM600) in my XJ for almost 13 years now, had them put in after blowing a new set of OEM mounts in one wheeling trip. Highly recommended.

With that said BD is a naxja sponsor with great products and support, I wouldn't hesitate with these again either.

Definitely like that m.o.r.e. is locally based... Why though, would tou have gone that route instead? What pros cons to browndog? At almost double the price id be hard pressed to go that route- unless it comes with a 5+hp sticker of course! Lmao but seriously- why would that be your first choice after running BDs?

Which of BDs offerings do you habe now- and what are the cons to them?

Which of BDs offerings do you habe now- and what are the cons to them?

Motor mounts aren’t exactly a pro and con item. They either work or they don’t.

I’m running stinky fab. Ran MORE in my old Jeep. Was going to buy brown dog but decided to try stinky instead.

It’s more or less personal preference on the finish. Pick what you like.

I have run the MORE units for 20 years without replacing them.

My vote goes to Rusty's. They hold my turbo 4.0l solid in place but dont transmit any more vibes than stock mounts. New stock replacements resulted in an alarming amount of movement on hard takeoffs. The price is also a plus and they are rebuildable.

I've got a brand new set of Browndogs I'll make you a deal on.

go on. do you have long version with more bolts down one side? can't remember which side....

Interested.

Motor mounts aren’t exactly a pro and con item. They either work or they don’t.

I’m running stinky fab. Ran MORE in my old Jeep. Was going to buy brown dog but decided to try stinky instead.

It’s more or less personal preference on the finish. Pick what you like.

Well id say with the options on the table there are definitely pros and cons... Even if only in price.

Having ran MORE whyd you switch? Any Stinky vs MORE comparisons?

A con about BD, from what I've read, is since they are "tighter" then stock you feel the engine vibes- not a big deal for me.

A con for MORE is they are nearly double the price.

While personal preference definitely comes into account- thats exactly why I made this thread... As to WHY that preference. I'd argue OEM "work"... But some cons to longevity and strength.

Just curious who likes what and why.

Still wondering what the difference in BDs 2 offerings is- not counting the longer or full kit varieties

I had a MORE mount break in half and put my engine into my radiator.

I've had Brown Dog destroy the bushings (both rubber and poly) in 100 trail miles.

I'll only run SFR now. And since he's having his own custom poly bushings poured, they dampen vibes better than the MORE or Brown Dog did.

I've had Brown Dog destroy the bushings (both rubber and poly) in 100 trail miles.

I'll only run SFR now. And since he's having his own custom poly bushings poured, they dampen vibes better than the MORE or Brown Dog did.

That there is a winner. I installed MORE in 2006 and they have stood up well, 90% highway 10% logging trails. The amount of vibration is still embarrassing.

Not part of the original question but,...
If you plan to do any hard core offroad, get the brackets that bolt to the engine as well. I have heard of the bolts that screw into the engine block breaking and allow the engine to flop on one side. I have not had a problem but regret not getting that insurance (that I may never need) for peace of mind.

Good to know. I bought the full kit with trans mount from StinkyFab for my '99 but have not had a chance to drive on them yet.

I also bought an older set (pre Zinc Coat and new poly) off Norcal Chris that I was planning on trying a mix of the M.O.R.E rubber with Stinky bracket on the Pavement MJ to be able to have a comparison between the two but I may not do that anymore after the above knowledge.

Back