NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old July 4th, 2020, 06:41
NAXJA Forum User

Radio Equiptment Mount

After viewing a few radio mount threads, I didn't find what I was looking for. Specifically, I'm looking for pictures of professional equipment mounting options that one might find in select vehicles today. I would like to build something similar for my project. For example...

A second thought would be to ditch the factory center console with storage and replace with the simple and short style used with Comanches with bench seats and utilize something like this...

During certain years, the XJ was offered, and used, for certain municipal/government duties. I can't find any pictures of how mobile laptops and/or radio equipment was mounted in them.

If you have any photos, I'd surely like to see them. It will help me design something for me for up to three radios.
Old July 4th, 2020, 06:59
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Radio Equiptment Mount

Here in AZ, most of the gov xj's were fitted with stands like in your first pic.
Old July 4th, 2020, 07:48
Freakish Hand Strength

All the PD Cherokees I have seen had steering column shift levers, no stock floor console, and the equipment was mounted in a rack like the second picture. If they had a mobile computer it was on a stand mounted to the floor and/or the transmission tunnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjeeper

Go ahead and slam the liftgate down on a blanket, and see how long you are laughing.
Old July 4th, 2020, 08:47
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_MN View Post
All the PD Cherokees I have seen had steering column shift levers, no stock floor console, and the equipment was mounted in a rack like the second picture. If they had a mobile computer it was on a stand mounted to the floor and/or the transmission tunnel.
That would make sense. Based on your post, I found a few pictures...