• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 turn signal/hazard flasher problem

Hello all!
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my situation. Yes, I did search but couldn't find anything conclusive, by all means if you can point me to a thread that already has answered my question please do so. The problem I am having is that my left turn signal does not work, right side functions as it should. I have checked and all of the bulbs are good and have confirmed that they have good grounds. Emergency flasher initially did not work but after cycling the multi-function signal/Hi beam stalk switch several times, when I turned on the hazards the left front signal would blink, but none of the other lights would function. I have swapped in a new flasher relay with no change in condition. I should also note that when I partially depress the signal switch to the point just before it engages I can hear the relay rapidly clicking but no lights Flash. I am thinking that it may be the multi-function high beam signal switch. Can anyone confirm this or give me more diagnostic input?

I was sure hoping for some experts to chime in...
My diagnosis *seems* to indicate a faulty multifunction switch. I've got a new one arriving today. Wish me luck!

Failure of the multifunction switch is common.

Replacement multifunction switch solved the problem.

Back