• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High beam is LOW and Low is HIGH

Revnahead

NAXJA Forum User
Installed the a reliable upgraded headlight wiring harness and the lights are much brighter. HOWEVER, Low is now in the HIGH BEAM (blue light) position and HIGH is in the low beam switch position. When I first turn on the lights I only have HIGH for a few minutes (in both switch positions) but then LOW begins to function as well. If I have it on LOW beam (remember, blue light lit cuz its confused) and honk the horn, it will jump to HIGH beam only.

I would guess that the wire harness is built wrong, or more likely defective. You could try rearranging the wires in the wire plugs at the relays, but I would return it and buy a diferent brand.

Last edited:
Should be a simple fix. Assuming you have relays for both high and low beams, swaps the sockets and give it shot before you tear it out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What needs to be swapped is either the input or output wires to/from the relays.

With the right wiring tools you should be able to release the connectors from the relay sockets and swap them without having to do any cutting/splicing. The right wiring tool is probably a very thin metal blade to release the prong that holds the brass terminal in the block.

Back