• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know whats up with RE

chedisme

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
It says on their site that they are reorganizing?

anyone know the scoop?

or does some business savvy person know what the mean by "reorganizing"
Im sure it doesn't mean their stock room got messy.

While not always, reorganizine normally means bankruptcy.

I love their SuperJoints. If they are down for too long I guess I will have to set up my CNC and mill some replacement inserts for my joints. Maybe if there are others, we can batch them up.

I've had no complaints with them other than their leaf packs fanning out after a while but that is solved with a BFH. Hopefully they come out of this alright.

My gut tells me that RE is well funded, but they are changing some management structure or being bought by another company. With this type of business, it is best to close sales down for a short period while the gory details get hashed out.

I anticipate that they will be back again by late-spring/early summer.

I love their SuperJoints. If they are down for too long I guess I will have to set up my CNC and mill some replacement inserts for my joints. Maybe if there are others, we can batch them up.

really? i blew those apart like glass regularly. damn plastic races suck.

My gut tells me that RE is well funded, but they are changing some management structure or being bought by another company. With this type of business, it is best to close sales down for a short period while the gory details get hashed out.

I anticipate that they will be back again by late-spring/early summer.

I guess that's good. I just hope their quality isn,t affected.

really? i blew those apart like glass regularly. damn plastic races suck.

you never tightened that shit.

the only re product i have run is thier leaf springs, and they sucked. 2 different sets.

i have seen 3 different types of leafs from them too. all cut differently.

you never tightened that shit.

the only re product i have run is thier leaf springs, and they sucked. 2 different sets.

i have seen 3 different types of leafs from them too. all cut differently.

How long ago with the leaf springs? I have been talking to a few different vendors about leafs, and it is possible that you saw a range of 3 different manufacturers of leaf springs... all sold (but not made) by RE.

DID TO! after the april RC trip before we drove xc

how did you tighten them. the dude at ballistic told me to put a 1/2" impact on them lol. with the old races it didnt do shit. with the new ones, they is good.

these are essentially plastic too, and they dont squeak anymore.

How long ago with the leaf springs? I have been talking to a few different vendors about leafs, and it is possible that you saw a range of 3 different manufacturers of leaf springs... all sold (but not made) by RE.

thats what i have heard.

i had a 4.5" pair from around 2004 and a 3.5" pair from around 2008

the 4.5" pair lasted about 2 months before it sagged to a 2.5" pack

the 3.5" pair lasted about a month before it sagged to a 2" pack

AVE buy out maybe

thats what i have heard.

i had a 4.5" pair from around 2004 and a 3.5" pair from around 2008

the 4.5" pair lasted about 2 months before it sagged to a 2.5" pack

the 3.5" pair lasted about a month before it sagged to a 2" pack

They had a lot of trouble with that vintage of the RE 4.5" packs. For some reason most spring manufacturers (not re-sellers like RE) have a hard time hitting the 4.5" number for XJ's with a pack that will not ride like a brick or sag in a short period of time. The ones that have it correct are the ones that cost much more than an RE or RC leaf pack.

Most people think that leafs are easy, but there are so many variables between rigs/weight carried/tire size and type/ even a hardcore wheeler compared to a trail rider, that getting a leaf spring to work well in EVERY case on every XJ is a crap-shoot. So they just aim for the "trail rider" and warranty as needed for the hardcore wheelers.

They had a lot of trouble with that vintage of the RE 4.5" packs. For some reason most spring manufacturers (not re-sellers like RE) have a hard time hitting the 4.5" number for XJ's with a pack that will not ride like a brick or sag in a short period of time. The ones that have it correct are the ones that cost much more than an RE or RC leaf pack.

Most people think that leafs are easy, but there are so many variables between rigs/weight carried/tire size and type/ even a hardcore wheeler compared to a trail rider, that getting a leaf spring to work well in EVERY case on every XJ is a crap-shoot. So they just aim for the "trail rider" and warranty as needed for the hardcore wheelers.

i ran the 4.5's on my xj with stock bumpers and no significant added weight (stock gas skid, belly skid) and they sagged

and the 3.5's with just some frame plating and stock bumper

spare tire inside of both rigs.

i was on a 44 or 60 with 35-37's though.

clayton 4.5" leafs are just thier 6.5" leaf with the third leaf from the top removed and i like them so far

My 3.5 leafs are holding up fine. No sagging to speak of. I run them with a 2 inch shackle and front 5.5 also RE and I'm level. I have both winch bumper and tire carier plus skids and stuff.

Back