• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tucking your JKS QD's out of the way

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, so I got the Quicker discos and now I'm scratching my had as to what to do with them after I disconnect. Do you guys leave it in the position it was and just tuck up the link? I think I'd end up rubbing on it then.
Or do you force the whole swaybar up? (damn new bushings make it hard to move it up). What do you hang the lower eye of the swaybar link on then?

That is an option. I do have a set of "studs" or whatever you want to call them that I could mount the lower eye on and lock it in place. Question thouse is where to put it: how to tuck it out of the way best.

I use the DPG disco cables. Those "studs" that come with the JKS discos for TJ's can be used if you make an "L" bracket, but the problem with them is if your discos are slightly different in length, then you may get one disco on the stud, but the other won't line up and go on. The cables work awesome no matter what the length of the disco is.

i used small bungie cords and eye hooks to make some likethe DPG ones. this makes the center of the s-b hang down lower in the front though.
I managed to hit the center portion wheelin and sheared the bolts off my pass side swaybar mount on the unibody ...

Put another pin in the top where the large horizontal bolt is. I picked two up at tractor supply. You can then take the whole link out quickly.

OK, thanks guys... looks like it wil lbe a bungie/zip ties again. I hoped that with the upgrade from RE to JKS discos I'll be able to use some sort of a better mounting uption.

Hey Kejtar, I bought the XJ mounts from ORGS after they were sold to JKS and they still had some left last I called. You can mount the TJ storage pins to this L bracket which attaches to one of the bolts for your sway bar and one of the holes next to this bolt. I just pull the pin, swing the bar up and re-pin it out of the way. I am sure you can fab up an L brack to do the same just get the TJ storage pins.

btray

Ditto. I also got a pair of those brackets from ORGS (raffle prize won in Moab!!) and they work fantastic. They mount using one of the bolts from the swaybar bushing bracket and the hole up from that.

YELLAHEEP said:
Ditto. I also got a pair of those brackets from ORGS (raffle prize won in Moab!!) and they work fantastic. They mount using one of the bolts from the swaybar bushing bracket and the hole up from that.
You're coming to Moab, right?

Don't the JKS's come with the pin for keeping the bar up and out of the way, also stores the clip. They came with the ones I got for both TJ's...

RichP said:
Don't the JKS's come with the pin for keeping the bar up and out of the way, also stores the clip. They came with the ones I got for both TJ's...

Yes, they come with the pin but you need to but the bracket for the XJ separately!

hinkley

Back