• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower CA question, im on the edge it appears.

Fixn2xlr8

NAXJA Forum User
I did a 3 inch lift, it came out to 3 1/2 inches total in the front. My CA bushings are shot on top and bottom. From what I understand searching is that I can get away with stock uppers but longer lowers would be best. However, I hear that I can do stock on the lowers. At any rate the bushings are shot.

Would you do new stock uppers and stock lowers, or new stock uppers and longer lowers. Or something different.

per my 4.5" RE super flex kit... they new uppers are 15" (same as stock) and the lowers are 16" (i believe stock is 15 or 15.5). stock arms are fine where you are at.

youll have more problems with them binding and hitting your axle side mounts at flex than you will with them being to short.

I would say get some WJ LCA's and a newer pair of uppers.

per my 4.5" RE super flex kit... they new uppers are 15" (same as stock) and the lowers are 16" (i believe stock is 15 or 15.5). stock arms are fine where you are at.

youll have more problems with them binding and hitting your axle side mounts at flex than you will with them being to short.

X2,most aftermarket arms have been built to provide extra clearance.

So, Im looking for a set of fixed arms now. The rough country ones look pretty darn beefy. Iron Man look good too and seem to have a lot of folks that just love them, but to me they just dont look as stout. Is it my imagination?

I assume any after market ones will come with the bushings already pressed.

Last edited:
Back