• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A few questions: suspension, vibe Q's, year specific stuff.

nitrogt101

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, how's everyone doing? I haven't posted much but I've been reading a lot on here since I got my 96 xj(4.0, auto, 2wd). At first, I was only planning on keeping this Jeep for a year or at most a year and a half(then getting a 4wd), but now it's grown on me and I like it. So untill I move on to a 4wd I've decided to lift this Jeep 3" and throw some 31" BFG AT's on there just to give it a little more of an aggressive stance and better off roading abilities(yes, I do wheel a 2wd).

Enough of my life story on the the questions:1)I was reading about SYE, and I read that 96 was the first year of a different style out-put shaft on the t-case that caused vibrations easier, since I don't have a t-case(2wd) will this be a problem for me? 2) Ever since I got the Jeep I've been reading about different lift maufactures, but now since I'm getting a lift I'm not sure who's I want. Who makes a nice 3" lift w/ long AAL, coils, and maybe arms and shocks for about $300?

Thanks for the help, and if you're gonna tell me to do a search for my answers, I did and I read but I still don't understand completely.

-nitrogt101

Back