• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory radio

jeep ride

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if a factory am/ fm radio from a grand cherokee would work in a 98 cherokee?

What year grand cherokee?

Depends.
Many radios look very similar but you have to look closely at the mounting points.
Just cause the connectors in the back look the same, the black and gray ones, it does not mean it will bolt up.
The radio in mine is definitely not out of an XJ. Could be a ZJ, Dodge truck, or any of the Mopars mini vans.

Im trying to find something that doesnt require much modification to bolt up. thanks for answering

1997-01 XJ Cherokee,1997-02 TJ Wrangler, and 1996-98 ZJ Grand Cherokee radios all interchange.

Last edited:
Mine is out of a Dodge truck. Grabbed it at the junk yard for 12 bucks. I thought I needed a CD player but never use it. Half the background lights don't work and that sucks so I'm going back to the original am/fm tape deck.

Back