• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

What is the idle issue?

TPS?

Is the torque converter lock /unlock working right? Brake switch?

Transmission fluid clean and at the proper level?

Also could be a leaky vacuum line to the MAP sensor. They can cloaked, hard to see....

TPS data and MAP date are most important when moving the gas pedal and shifting.

Gas tank got plenty of fuel? Loose electrical contacts/grounds....

New IAC, new TPS, and now new O2 sensor. Transmission fluid is good and so is the level. Will have to check the map sensor to see if theres a leak. Gas tank is 3/4 full.

Just installed the O2 sensor. Waiting on traffic to clear up before I go try it out on the freeway. But it doesn't appear to be running any differently.

Idle isn't as smooth as I think it could be. Very slight random stumble.

New IAC, new TPS, and now new O2 sensor. Transmission fluid is good and so is the level. Will have to check the map sensor to see if theres a leak. Gas tank is 3/4 full.

Just installed the O2 sensor. Waiting on traffic to clear up before I go try it out on the freeway. But it doesn't appear to be running any differently.

Idle isn't as smooth as I think it could be. Very slight random stumble.

Random reminds of one that bugged me for years, it was loose Injector power connector, that would loose contact randomly, especially when the engine moved any. I was checking by pulling injector power connectors one by one to see if the miss got worse. Bingo #3 did not change. I could make the miss stop by cleaning the contacts and pushing the connector on tight-n-snug LOL.

Its not in the FSM, LOL, but the wiggle everything one part/wire section at a time while running is great old school diagnostics on these antiques :)

Random reminds of one that bugged me for years, it was loose Injector power connector, that would loose contact randomly, especially when the engine moved any. I was checking by pulling injector power connectors one by one to see if the miss got worse. Bingo #3 did not change. I could make the miss stop by cleaning the contacts and pushing the connector on tight-n-snug LOL.

Its not in the FSM, LOL, but the wiggle everything one part/wire section at a time while running is great old school diagnostics on these antiques :)

Will give that a shot as well. Thinking I may swap the stock injectors back in. Also thinking of doing another compression test.

Forgot about the OBD1 trouble code stuff.

So got these codes from mine:

Noting that the CEL was NOT on when I read the codes.

Guessing it may be time to actually replace my cracked exhaust header.

could try and weld up the cracks first if you're able to get to them.

Don't take away my excuse to spend money on a nice header. :D

I just bit the bullet and bought new leaves.

From Deaver.

Goodbye tax return.

aww snap! What made ya go with Deaver? I usually think about them for like desert type builds.

Quality. People use them for crawling too. And I'm from the west coast so I'm a desert guy at heart anyway.

Hopefully won't ever buy leaves again.

Looks like it raises your center of gravity,
I'm a proponent of Low Center of Gravity, not much lift but maximum droop for flex, that doesn't work on a high angle climb. Once your fulcrum goes past the geometrical center of gravity, the law of nature will send you tumbling down.

Looks like it raises your center of gravity,
I'm a proponent of Low Center of Gravity, not much lift but maximum droop for flex, that doesn't work on a high angle climb. Once your fulcrum goes past the geometrical center of gravity, the law of nature will send you tumbling down.

Is that in response to another post or are you just letting us know this?

Wheeled. The. PISS. Out of it....

Barnwell
8aafc18fec37aa8a1e9e57d51edceab1.jpg
eaa79bf4456110825f556bc6f7c6726f.jpg
4e69141d62a4d8930b76b00a4dbbde84.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

haha where'd you get those bumps from, which trails?

Looks like it's still wet out there. Those trails that are usually easy turn into an ice skating rink lol

My order from Black Magic showed up so I redid my front brakes today. New calipers, pads, rotors, and hoses.

Pulled the TJ flares to prep for the Napier flares

PB blasted the rear suspension to prep for the deavers

could try and weld up the cracks first if you're able to get to them.

Make sure it is bolted flat to a head if you do, otherwise they warp and the face no longer seals to the head.

Is it just me or has the post volume here blown up recently, like 10X since 6-12 months ago? :eek:

Back