• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-A-Trail Workday - Sun. Oct. 11

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
The next scheduled workday is Sunday, October 11 on 2N49. The main focus is clearing the construction debris dumped on the trail. Once we've cleared that, pending time, we will continue on the trail brushing the trail as needed.

Map of 2N49

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11
Meet Point 9:00 AM 2N49 SOUTHERN END (end of Palm Ave. in San Bernardino)
We will meet at 9:00 AM at the Southern terminus of 2N49 with departure to follow. Time permitting we will continue through the entirety of 2N49 existing at the Northern end near Lake Silverwood. If we run out of time on the debris cleanup job we will turn around and exit the same way we came in.

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14, 24, or 34.
2m: 146.585 Simplex

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay. 2WD okay with tow points).
Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoe mandatory. If you are sensitive to dust you may went to bring a mask to use while we're clearing debris.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend so I can plan.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing you on the 11th.

FYI this is the mess we're looking to clean up:
September_AAT_-_23-me.jpg

No work on Saturday?

Camping at North Shore?

I have a dinner in the South Bay on Saturday night so will not be able to work Saturday nor camp Saturday night. If enough other folks want to camp Saturday night we can set up NSWC.

I should be able to do Sunday. Not sure yet if I would make a day trip, camp in our newly accessed Elephant Spur meadow, or couch surf somewhere between here & there.

If anyone will have an empty seat at the base of the trail, I would love to drive up in my car & hitch a ride..

Sold! I will meet you at the trash pile at the bottom of the trail Sunday morning =)

9 car garage, 10000 square feet of concrete.....oh, and there's a house somewhere on the property...but who really gives a shit.

We could make a helluva dance floor out of 10K sq feet of concrete... what part of SoCal are you moving to??

Back