• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fitting 33's

hlfnavyas

NAXJA Forum User
I trimmed my fenders and can now fit 31's with no rubbing. The suspension is stock, and the passenger side leaf is arcing the wrong way. Obviously I need new leafs. I would like to fit 33's. Could I fit the 33's with a 3" lift? Thanks in advance.

its like that old speed saying

big tires cost fenders, how much do you want to trim?

:D:D

you can, ive seen 33"s on stock springs (not recomended :D)

DSC02332.JPG

here is a pic of mine trim'd out
:rolleyes:

hlfnavyas said:
I trimmed my fenders and can now fit 31's with no rubbing. The suspension is stock, and the passenger side leaf is arcing the wrong way. Obviously I need new leafs. I would like to fit 33's. Could I fit the 33's with a 3" lift? Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure if you are willing to cut to fit 31's on a saggy stock suspension, you can get 33's with three inchs.

Call out Trailwgn. He did 32" Swampers on 3 inch. Same height or taller than a 'normal' 33.

fd9bebe2.jpg

Well, since Vug called me out,
this was 32" Swampers on 3" of lift, with 2" of hockey puck bumpstops in the front. I trimmed way more than needed. With stock wheels, they worked great. Got some slight rubbing on the top of the spring tower in the front and on the LCA's.
You can do it if you keep your wheels tucked in.

AnyMouse said:
[B Here's my 2001 with a 4 1/2" lift, with 33s. I haven't built up the courage to start trimming yet... [/B]

You havent flexed it yet than!!!!This is 6" w/ 33x10.5's and 4 1/2" of bumpstop.Poor fender!!!!

stuffed.jpg

Back