• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED Alternator Light with PCM Controlled Alternator???

ROKRWLR

NAXJA Forum User
I hope someone can help he out here..... I am building a custom steel / Aluminum dash with all aftermarket gauges and lights. I thought I had the Alternator light all set in my head, then I came across something I didn't expect. I thought I would hook up the traditional LED light and resistor the field side of the alternator, then I found that these alternators are PCM controlled.

Does anyone know if a typical charge indicator light would work on the alternator? Or, if there is a different way to hook it up?

XJ is what's left of a 2001. Alternator is a relocated 2001 136A WJ 4.0L alternator, but same hook up to XJ PCM. There are so many things in progress (torn apart) on the jeep right now that I cant start it up and test wires right now, so I'm hoping a Jeep wiring guru can chime in.

Thanks!

Since everyone loves pictures, here's one of the in progress dash (1/2" LED indicators are now under each of the gauges)...

Back