• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

does anyone have anything good to say about the RR steering?

rcliftedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
a buddy of mine had it in his jeep and loved it but doesnt have enough lift and every time he flex's, the lock nut hits the tierod. so he was just going to go back to stock. he said he would sell it to me for 75$. does anyone have anything good to say about them.

I put one on my sons 98 XJ and the same thing was happening to us, but when we turned left to steering lock, then we added 1.75 in. pucks up front and shackles on the rear and the issue went away. Obviously the pucks up front helped and we have no problems with the RR steering. It's heavy duty, easily installed and priced right. The only issue I can see in the future (if it breaks) is the tie rod end (righthand side) that is used as the drag link pivot point. It's about 35 bucks, avaiable on line most likely no auto shop will carry and pretty critical part in the system. Rusty's and I assume others as well, machine and or cast, a section of the tie rod so as to allow a mounting position for the drag link and then the normal RH tie rod end is mounted to the rod end thus alleviating a designated and most likely proprietary tie rod end with mounting hole. Anyway, we like it and it is well worth the 75 bucks your buddy is selling it to you. You don't need a spare RH tie rod (w/ the mounting hole) but it would be cool to have it in your spares cause it 's going to take a couple of days to get one to you.

Run,run away fast!Do a search,your not going to find much but negative comments.

Run,run away fast!Do a search,your not going to find much but negative comments.

the only negative comments you will find are the same for any steering system of this type no matter the brand when used above 4" lift. most everyone that has issue is due to running the system on lifts well above 4" like 6"& 7" lifts this is due to "tre roll" from the steep angles. so as stated by the person above that actually has the setup it very HD best priced system available that just bolts in with no mods. I run the system with 7.5" lift but I have a HI steer Knuckle. running it on the third year it a great system and for $75.00 your getting a fantastic deal. as for the price of the tres..they are same as any tre of the 1 ton size.

RR is exactly what u pay for it, itll get the job done, but its not going to be perfect. I had RR on my jeep for a few months, absolutly hated it... i thought about going to JCR 1-ton but still, i didnt like the idea of TREs.

so i did a little more research and decided that ballistic fab was the way to go for me.

Now my steering is as tight as it was stock and i couldnt be happier.

hope this helps,
-Nick

I would pay you NOT to use it man. Its a pile. I've had it on about 10 months and 2 out of 4 ends are shot to all hell. The dead spot is huge even when it was brand new and there is massive tie rod roll. And I've had it when I had 2.5" of lift, 4" and now 6" and its sucked all the way through. Save your money and buy a good setup.

I bought mine locally for 15 bucks. I did all the research and thought i would wind up hating it. My thoughts were that for 15 bucks i could just reuse the metal to fab up a different steering system. I read alot about tre spacers to cut down on the problems with this style steering setup, so i went to Walmart and bought a cutting board. I used hole saws to make tre spacers out of the cutting board and then i cut some of the spacers into different thicknesses with a hacksaw. I installed the cutting board spacers in between the the tre and the knuckle and made sure i had the proper thickness to get a tight fit.

With this setup i have no deadspot and no tre roll. The steering is very responsive and feels fine to me. I am keeping it on the jeep. If you are going to use it make sure to get tre spacers and do a proper alignment.

the only negative comments you will find are the same for any steering system of this type no matter the brand when used above 4" lift. most everyone that has issue is due to running the system on lifts well above 4" like 6"& 7" lifts this is due to "tre roll" from the steep angles. so as stated by the person above that actually has the setup it very HD best priced system available that just bolts in with no mods. I run the system with 7.5" lift but I have a HI steer Knuckle. running it on the third year it a great system and for $75.00 your getting a fantastic deal. as for the price of the tres..they are same as any tre of the 1 ton size.

heres proof positive that people will defend ANYTHING. find me these 'hater' posts about another steering system, with the same percentage of unhappy customers. rr has the MOST unhappy customers of any offroad product ive ever heard of, BY FAR.

and no, i havent ran it. i dont have to.

heres proof positive that people will defend ANYTHING. find me these 'hater' posts about another steering system, with the same percentage of unhappy customers. rr has the MOST unhappy customers of any offroad product ive ever heard of, BY FAR.
and no, i havent ran it. i dont have to.

Well dude, The poster asked if anyone had anything nice to say about the product ? I just gave my first hand knowledge of the system.
you are just a typical joker post whore running up your post count so you feel like your somebody I guess. so take a break from your computer and get a life. your really just a post stalker AKA.. forum trash.

HORRIBLE IDEA!!!! DONT DO IT!!!!! ITS A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!! (really) for all the reasons posted above. I had it and HATED it totally do more reseach and find different steering there are alot of better choices that you can go with out there

the rr setup is garbage. i ran this setup for 3 years. could not hold an alignment, had the biggest dead spot and the tre's would constantly wear out.
for 75 bucks you could do the zj steering upgrade, which is what i just did, and be way happier. no dead spot, alignment is spot on and getting parts is not a hassle.

Back