• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is your " To Do List" before SF2012?

J - yeah the pinion seals for the D30 and D44 are the same.

So basically what I need to do is remove the giant nut, pull the seal off and install the new seal? I am going to mod up a tool to get it on straight. Probably some pvc or soemthing that i can lightly hammer to get it on even.

This is one of those jobs I don't want to goof up.

new list:
-buy and install rock sliders
-install swing out spare tire carrier
-install gas tank skid
-install hitch
-buy and install 703 injectors
-build mounts for, paint, and install roof rack
-either fix car trailer that was involved in a hit and run, or put tabs for a tow bar on my bumper
-find spare axles (anyone have any for sale?)

most of this stuff isnt needed but i would like to have it done. really the only think neeeeeeeded is rock sliders

I have spare shafts I'll be bringing. If were going up together we can split the load of spare parts between the Jeep. I'll have at least two sets.

awesome. that sounds great

Still need to put the shock cheaters on then I am ready to go.

new thing to add to list...replace RMS :(

OK well I have to go get the Magnaflow Muffler welded on this Friday then everything will be done for SF...whoot! I don't have any extra parts saved up yet but with 31's a LS rear what do you think would be the best, in order, things to bring?

OK well I have to go get the Magnaflow Muffler welded on this Friday then everything will be done for SF...whoot! I don't have any extra parts saved up yet but with 31's a LS rear what do you think would be the best, in order, things to bring?

Tow strap, cash, beer, and a good attitude?

Buy a bunch of beer.

i have a long list of stuff to do to the red p.o.s. if it is gonna make it in time.
install old bumpers
fab exhaust
patch numerous massive holes in floor
mount seat belts
cut & install front fenders
install belly armor
finish up some wiring
reinstall all the grill parts
mount nitrogen bottle
mount hi lift jack
figure out where & how to secure tools
install cro-mo axles & drive slugs
fix cb
possibly mount front winch
& about 20 other things.

Last edited:
I can finally cross off one of the biggest obstacles for my getting my heep back to "4" wheel drive. I got the front drive shaft cut down to size and will get that back on Monday. It will actually be the first time my new t-case will have something connected to the front output yoke. And I put the t-case in a year and a half ago!
I still need to;
get longer shocks for the front
get an alignment on the front
still want to mount my steering stabalizer, tho it drives okay without it

Done today:
Engine swap
Header install
99+ intake
Bored throttle body
Cowl intake
Dirtbound fan kit
Trans front pump seal
Water pump
Injectors
Radiator

Current todo list:
Lift
Tires
Axles
Brakes
Exhaust
Sliders
Cb
Rad shift controller
H&T

Did the rear Pinion Seal - only messed up once LOL But so far so good.

New List:
1. Change Oil
2. Change T-Case Fluid
3. Finsh cutting lower rear qtrs
4. Paint and Install Tire Carrier
5. Install Rock Lights F&R - For the front I am going ot use the stock fog lights. They should mount up to the bumper nicely AND I can use the stock switch.
For the rear I got a pair of $22, 55w from Kragen. Some clear silicon to seal em up and i'm good to go :)

Two weeks to get it all done - no problem......

J - yeah the pinion seals for the D30 and D44 are the same.

So basically what I need to do is remove the giant nut, pull the seal off and install the new seal? I am going to mod up a tool to get it on straight. Probably some pvc or soemthing that i can lightly hammer to get it on even.

This is one of those jobs I don't want to goof up.

What is SF2012?

Back