• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving The Alternator?

Ghostrider7362

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one have any experience with, or able to make any suggestions on moving the alternator on the Renex engine? I've killed three in two years due to water and mud.

If there is a thread hear already just let me know. Looking though 101 pages of threads is a little time consuming?

Thanks
Ghosty

search on this subject was a little daunting for me as well... theres a lot of little quirks in the differant engine/belt configurations..

i just did this a couple weekends back, and im very happy w/ how it came out....
i ditched my a/c and put it there, using this write up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540166

differances are i kept the mech fan (for now), and i made a little banana shaped bracket instead of using a shock bar pin like they do in the write up...

i had a dissasembled motor in my garage, so i took the renix a/c bracket, put it in the vise, and used it as a jig for lining up the pulleys all nice, got it spaced how i wanted it. and then moved the parts over from the jig onto my motor. belt was a 77" serp belt.

i really should get around to pulling that old alternator from down below!

Back