• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pa trips?

moneypitxj

NAXJA Member #565
any pa trips planned this year i am ready for a good one. i have a place we call woodbine near me. love to get a group for that place

if you have a good place in mind, make a plan and just post an invite.. see who bites on it... there are plenty of wheelers in NJ and PA that might want something besides paragon for a change..
mike

sidriptide said:
... there are plenty of wheelers in NJ and PA that might want something besides paragon for a change..
mike

Especially if it offers decent wheeling and doesn't charge $35/day

Well now, I just might have located a "new" trail network and place to play today. :D As near as I can tell it's all legal trail, it starts out as game land road and gets better from there. I talked to a few folks on quads, they said a few Jeeps do run the trails too. There is a real nice hill climb section on the power line section of trail. I bumped my front bumper once on a ledge, and the rear twice on ledges. I gave the rock rails a nice test on a boulder gap that I barely made it back over :eek: I posted all of todays photos from the trails here: Power Line Trail

Any NAXJA NAC folks game for some trail scouting one of the next few Sundays? The trails are between Johnstown and Seward PA. The power line section requires some lift and a locker ... I was pushing my luck in a few areas running solo (I'm at 5.5" & locked rear on 33's).

EDIT: decided to add a teaser photo to the post ...

Climb_back_out.jpg

Last edited:
hey moneypit, I'm in for that ride.

let me know when and where.

http://jeepin.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000182;p=1

we're plannin a run to Paragon on the saturday after turkey day. ANYONE is welcome to come ;)

It's looking like we're going to run a stock group and a moderate/semi-hardcore group.

IMHO, $35 is WELL worth it to have NO WORRIES about gettin in trouble with Johnny Law ;)

oh, Bill... I'd definitely be up for checkin out some trails if I'm in the area (PA as opposed to RI) when you guys decide to go. My thanksgiving vacation is in about 2.5 weeks, and I should be around for two sundays.

The saturday after Thanksgiving is Blue Mountain's Turkey Run @ Paragon.I also say $35.00 is a bargain not to not have to worry about any Police activity directed at me.

Ok, I'm getting together with some of the local groups (finally!) about this area and others. So far this is what I know: there are roads on the game lands open (wide w/puddles, 2wd stuff) and there is a section of private ground open to wheeling. I'm working on figuring out borders and where is legal ... I'll be getting GPS coordinates and mapping it as I have time. This is the same area that the locals had the Toys for Tots run a few weeks ago. The game commission gave them special permission for that ... they are working towards some open trail status.

I also have an invite to bring some friends on the 16th to an area called big murph in this area ... this is a no stockers run, so I guess the trails must be serious. If you might be interested email or PM me.

Theres a few of us from up here in Erie PA that are planning a trip to Wellsville OH nov 23. If you guys havent been there you need to check it out! Some real cool stuff. Sometimes there is a guy that charges $5 to go across his land but he is not there all the time. When we go down on the 23rd its locked and 33s at a minimum, expect body damage. The hills around there are super fun.

Rausch Creek is having a guided open ride on Dec. 7th. Details are posted over on the Informal Trail Rides section.

we are goin to wellsvile ohio on the 23rd, our club is outa pittsburgh. if anybody is intersted let me know. Brian

Moneypit, What's the deal with this place you call woodbine? How far is it from the York area? I can get to York in about an hour. Later, Eric

Blackmax93, what club are you from in pitts.? Not sure when the last time you were there but there might be a few new trails to check out if you havent been there in awhile. (Ugly) trail is pretty cool its not real long but its fun.

Xjhox. last time i was there was probelly 2-3 months ago. I went down to big dogs in virgina last month so its been awhile. our club is called triangle4wd. we have a site but its down www.triangle4wd.com if u feel like taggin along on the 23rd let me knwo i will tell u where we are meeting and what time. thanks

I was wondering if that was the club. I tried the website and it re-directs to a search. There were a few guys in Erie here wondering if triangle was still around or not. Let me know what time you guys are meeting. I work util 3am Saturday night so hopefully you guys arent going to early. There were some guys from Erie that were going to go but I dont know whats up w/ them. Let me know whats up when you get the info.

Hey, xjhoc were meeting at 9 at robinson town center on 60 at Bob Evans. If yoru comin let me know so we know to look for you. reply back

Damn I was hoping it wasn't going to be so early. I'm about 3 hours away. But if I can get someone else to drive I might just leave right afrter work and just sleep in the truck on the way down.

Are you guys meeting near Pitts? I would be coming straight down RT 11. How long does it take you to get to wellsville from where you guys are meeting? How many people do you guys have going down?

I have no idea what rt 11 is. We are goin threw pittsburgh. If yoru coming from erie your best way would be 79 and meetin us in robinson town center. Unless your think of something esle or your meant a diff rt then rt 11 we can met in pittsburgh. Vehicles varry, could be 5, could be 25 i dont really know.

Back