• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bump Stop Help

SPSERG

NAXJA Forum User
Ok Folks, I need a little help with my bumpstop problem. I ordered a set of RE bumpstops, that were described as fitting an 88 XJ. The picture even showed what looked like it would fit. I tried to install them today while putting in my OME coils and they dont fit. They neck down at the top like a bottle and are to small for the mounting cup. Are there 2 versions of XJ bumpstops?? I went back to the picture from the site where I bought them, and there are 2 versions, but the same part number?? Cant do much until Monday, but it would be nice to know what to ask for. Thanks!

Sounds like you were given a bumpstop for a later model XJ (IIRC a '96+). Call them and let them know the problem. They should be able to send you the correct one.

This happened to me when I extended my front bumpstops. Believe it or not, the tech where I ordered it said to force it in. I know from experience, parts that are forced in are even harder to get out. I ask for my money back and called Rusty ... he sent me the correct bumstop. HTH

Les

Same thing happend to me, only in reverse. I have a 92 and I ordered the daystar extended BS's, mine were too big. I ended up bolting on some TJ cups to accept the new stops.

Ooops ... re-read and noticed the one you got is too small. Not sure what they sent you.

Anyway, I drive a '94 which takes the smaller diameter bumpstop. I was told those for the later model are larger than what I need ... that is IIRC.

Sorry about the confusion.

Les

Back