• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted - Fab shop recommendations

Crash_AF

NAXJA Forum User
I'm building a new project and need to find someone who can build a custom rear half of a frame off of a TJ front half. Not afraid to go to Denver for it, but would prefer CoS.

Called Matt at Rockware, he's booked out and not taking new projects for a while, so he's out.

I sent an email to Jed, no response yet. Any other recommendations?

I've heard mixed reviews about Bach Crawlers, anyone have direct experience?

If you're doing a back half they sell the parts prefab to do that all you need to so is the chopping off of the old stuff and weld on the new... you don't always get trust worthy welds at a shop .

I sent an email to Jed, no response yet. Any other recommendations?

I've heard mixed reviews about Bach Crawlers, anyone have direct experience?

I’m not going to hate on Bach crawlers work quality, but I left a message about getting some work done and never got a call back, twice.

That’s enough for me to take my business elsewhere.

I’m not going to hate on Bach crawlers work quality, but I left a message about getting some work done and never got a call back, twice.

That’s enough for me to take my business elsewhere.

I think you'll find reasons to avoid many shops...I think Toby at Rock Rash probably has one of the more trust worthy shops with a proven track record . Keep in mind I have a completely rebuilt rear link set system for a reason...lol... I did not weld that first truss/link bridge on . What I've seen is these shops have no steady shop hands aside from the owner and they often do not do your work so you got zippy the pin head high as a kite burning stuff home at 100+ an hour ... often you are better investing in a welder.

What I've seen is these shops have no steady shop hands aside from the owner and they often do not do your work so you got zippy the pin head high as a kite burning stuff home at 100+ an hour ... often you are better investing in a welder.

I don’t agree that all of the shops have kids that are high working for them....but you are 100% right in the fact that they have all have cheap/young shop help that changes every 6 months or so, that makes it hard to tell what kind of work you will get out of any of the shops around here.

Back