• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sexpalace 3.0?

streetpirate

NAXJA Forum User
I don't want to be a tease, and was going to wait a little to get some pics and progress before posting...

But I just dropped the xj off for some 4.56 Revolution gears and RuffStuff covers. I have a growing pile of boxes and stickers, and Dan Fiske lined up for a little fab work. Hopefully 13 years of web-wheeling will get this thing set up the way I want it the first time.

Jeep's home. 4.56 on 28" tires feels surprisingly normal just putting around taking it easy. Spins about 2k at 50, would be perfect with another overdrive gear

Got step 2 done today.

7p07mCj.jpg

LxS9C37.jpg

9F1uCbM.jpg

3x99MZF.jpg

There's a national backorder on Synergy 4.5 to 5 wheel adapters, and I really wanted the 1.5" that they offer compared to most others 1.25". After waiting 6 weeks for the manufacturer to ship I was able to track down a pair from Northridge 4x4 and another pair from a vendor on ebay. Shoes are factory 2016 JK Rubicon take off's, though I did pretty good on those at $600 for 5, and only have 8k on them.

Next up is a little bit more boost, some trimming and bumpstopping, front frame stiffeners, and new bumper. I have a couple days free after the 4th of July and hoping to get a good portion done then.

Oh, and the jack slipped and bent the tie rod. Easily bent back with a big pry bar. ZJ tie rod was in the plan and just got bumped up in priority. Looks like the OMIX-ADA 1805208 is the one to get,

CKpbxik.jpg

ucdslBj.jpg

All torn down and ready for metal prep for the HD Offroad front frame stiffeners. Man is it grimy! I guess leaking a tiny bit of oil for years will do that, but on the plus side it's a great rust prevention coating.

Got the front frame stiffeners burned in

r5XRw8c.jpg

c1oQ1d2.jpg

I didn't take more pictures of progress along the way, I was just in a hurry to get it done

n7opzPk.jpg

CTRhqZb.jpg

xDlbU46.jpg

OME 2930 coils
rocky road 2" spaces
2 stock isolators
3 hockey pucks in the coil buckets

new stock upper arms
unknown adjustable lowers
re 9900 drop brackets
bilstein 5100's
v8 zj tie rod
pro comp 3" sway bar end links
extended brake lines
hd offroad front and mid stiffeners
advance adapters sye
stock front driveshaft out back
ome cs033rb leaf springs with third leaf removed
6 degree shims to point the pinion at the driveshaft

hd offroad shackle relocation brackets
1.5" shackles
synergy 1.5" 5x4.5 to 5x5 adapters
2017 jk rubicon take-offs 255/75r17

revolution 4.56 gears
lube lockers
ruffstuff diff covers

so using the quick-n-dirty hub center to bottom of flare method I was at 2-7/8" front and 3" rear before, and am at 3-7/8" front and like 5-1/4" rear now.

I'll probably have to get some different front coils when I get the winch and bumper on, I really don't want it any lower up front; I want to keep a little angle on the LCA when it's loaded up with gear. The rear is probably just fine, I expect it to settle a bit plus I'll usually have some weight back there.

Last edited:
Are you still running the vac disco front?! I thought those things went out of style 10 years ago. I was one of the suckers who bought the "Posi Lock" cable kit for JeepForceOne back in the day.

I applaud you for finally building that thing after so many years. Jeep looks good! Looking forward to seeing you down in Moab.

What did you recruit Mr. Fiske for?

Are you still running the vac disco front?! I thought those things went out of style 10 years ago. I was one of the suckers who bought the "Posi Lock" cable kit for JeepForceOne back in the day.

I applaud you for finally building that thing after so many years. Jeep looks good! Looking forward to seeing you down in Moab.

What did you recruit Mr. Fiske for?

Oh yeah vac discos all the way! I might have to figure out some better soft lines to the axle. I relocated the hard lines down a bit so the soft lines won't pull off in droop, but it's all tip tied together and the rubber connectors are all swelled and don't hold well anymore.

I have been working so much I didn't think I was going to have time to do the frame stiffeners and bumper kit (got a dirtbound diy kit) and was going to farm it out to Dan. He called me out of the blue a couple years ago after I hadn't seen him in years and asked if I wanted a bumper built. So I called him out of the blue and asked if he was still building bumpers. He talked me into going with a kit for how much time it would save.

Work is finally calming down enough where I can get a weekend here and there, plus it's so much more rewarding doing it yourself that I'm not farming it out.

I do need to figure out what I want to do with sliders, probably full scratch built, and might have Dan do some tube extension/steps on them when I get there.

Back