• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

prairie city this sunday...

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
i might be going to prairie city on sunday, maybe , not sure yet, but im throwing the idea around...

if i go ill prob get there by 11am-ish and just mess around for a bit, maybe a hair later or earlier. was thinking it would be fun to hit some rocks between all the snow

nice. i think our boy rob707 might even go too. ill call him on the way. whats your number rocknxj? mine is 925 759 7593, that way i can call you when im leaving in case i leave later than 11am....but i plan on going as of now....after adjusting my tranny linkage and realizing my tranny was set to comfort and not power and fixing the two issues the jeep now runs very very good...

Excellent, Jon. I'll PM you my number. My kid and I will be in different Jeeps and we'll be there around 11. I might need to stop and grab some In-N-Out on the way there.

power is better for the tranny, firmer shifts, more pressure on the clutches?? i know comfort is actually bad for the tranny...thats why i was mad at myself for having it in comfort....

comfort allows the clutches to slip to make for a smoother shift, in turn causing more wear over time. the power setting would be good for hills and such wear you would want it to downshift to 3rd so the engine won't bog down, where in comfort you would have to "stab" the throttle for it to downshift uphill.

Last edited:
Looks like i should make it. Girl will be bringing her stock 86 as well. We're going to try to get there at 11. Since my other b-day plans fell through, this came up at the right time.

Cool Matt. More the better.

I am looking forward to trying out my tranny override switch. Not sure what it is really called, but it keeps the transmission in 1st when wheeling. Previous owner installed it and this will be the first off road trip with the Frog since I bought it last March. Wow, has it really been a year since I've had this thing?

with all this rain, good luck on the rocks out there that mud is clay!!

not sure if ill make it or not. see how i feel when i wake up... cut off the rear quarter panels today and pulled off the rear bumper for more clearance and room

Back