• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New From Mississippi!

DeltaOverland

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone! Just picked up my 94 XJ a few weeks ago and thought I would hop on here and make some friends and get involved with the community. Only other jeep I have ever owned was a 94 Wrangler and I already love the XJ more than I did the Wrangler! I am located on the west side of MS, I am literally 5 mins from the bridge that leads from Greenville, MS to Lake Village, AR. Me and some friends are headed to Rendezvous The Ozarks in AR this month. If any of you will be there I would love to meet some of you! :guitar:
cnmbh9

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard. NAXJA has members on 49 of the 50 US states. Any guess which state currently has no members? Yep. Mississippi!

We'd love to have you as a member, if you find the information and friendships here valuable and become a member.

I make it to Mississippi a couple times a year - not down as far as Greenville though. I have family in Oxford.

Hope to see you next year at the Cherokee Crawl in Harlan KY. It's our big chapter run every July. We've had chapter members from all of our states make the yearly trip. We've hosted NAXJA members from as far away as north of Philadelphia (PA, not MS!) and Boston, MA make the trip.

Jeep looks good!

PS, I cleaned up the thread for you and got rid of the two pic attempts that didn't take.

I guess I can definitely help out in the member department! Im only a few hours away from Oxford so its not too bad. I have family up in Maryville, TN so I come that way a few times a year. From the looks of it you are about as far away from there as I am from Oxford haha. I will definitely have to mark that on my calendar! Thanks for cleaning it up!

Welcome. Tons of information here and lots of people willing to help. From the looks of it you’ve got a pretty clean Cherokee on your hands, a nice blank canvas. What’s your plans for it?

Well since that picture I have done a few things. I have put on a new set of rims (New to me) and some spacers for the rims. They are stock 18s from a 07 Wrangler. I already had the tires so it was cheaper to get the rims. I have trimmed the front fenders and relocated the stock fender flares up so I would not rub (The tires are 285/65/18) I have some rub when I hit a nice bump so I will be looking at an option for the back soon. I want to keep my fender flares but I dont want to pay for the Flat Style. I have also replaced the front fog lights with pod lights, it looks cleaner and doesn't have the big gawky round lights haha. I have upgraded the headlights to housings with led lights (BIG Difference). I have added a cb and an antenna with a custom taillight mount I welded up. I have upgraded the booster and master cylinder (01 XJ Booster with 02 Dodge Dakota MC). The stopping power is a night and day difference. Today actually I put together a DIY roof rack. Was going for a no weld option and a write up for it but I ended up putting some tacks on parts of it to make it sturdy. I have some rock lights I will be installing soon. I am really wanting some bumpers but that will have to come in due time haha. Pictures to come. I am going to be painting the roof rack and getting it installed for the trip this weekend and I will get some pics soon.

Hey!

Hey Ghost!!! Sorry for the delay in getting pictures.... I was dropping a fuel take with a friend at 1am the morning we were supposed to be leaving on the trip. It has been a ride haha. I went to the Rendezvous in the Ozarks this past weekend and the XJ got a taste of what its like to go offroad. So as you can see I have done a few things.

44815767224_89eaa12474_c.jpg
[/url]20181020_075045 by DeltaOverland, on Flickr[/IMG]

This is the day we arrived before the mud and rocks started flying around.

45541219451_2fb9488572_c.jpg
[/url]20181021_100101 by DeltaOverland, on Flickr[/IMG]

This is while we are packing up to leave on Sunday. I think the water crossings washed some of it off haha

30600427787_0c3a5a7cbb_c.jpg
[/url]20181020_082011 by DeltaOverland, on Flickr[/IMG]

And of course I had to try to get the professional looking pic. I think it turned out nice.

Back