• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Injector(s)

I have a full set of mustang 5.0 4 hole injectors... they are great for stock but might not pass emissions for visual inspection.
Used on a rail $200.00

did a search and did not find any renix ones. i know i had a few, and it is not like me to toss them. i will look again later this afternoon. sorry.

I have a full set of mustang 5.0 4 hole injectors... they are great for stock but might not pass emissions for visual inspection.
Used on a rail $200.00
Thanks but, I need to pass smog w/ no problems.

did a search and did not find any renix ones. i know i had a few, and it is not like me to toss them. i will look again later this afternoon. sorry.
Let me know if you find any, I need 1 but 2 would be better:gee:

Make sure to check the impedance on them they all need to match to run correctly

The renix injectors are prone to leaking. I picked up reman ford 5.0 injectors off eBay years ago and have never had issues with smog.

You may not need to change them. Depends on the smog check person.
I have Ford injectors in my '89 and even pointed them out to my occasional mechanic / smog check guy.
He didn't care as long as they worked and it passed smog.
He just goes through the check list, if it's there and works, it's good to go.

Mike

The chances of a smog tech noticing they're swapped out is minuscule. In your Renix you can run up until the changed the connector on the injectors, at least 1996, possibly later. I run 1996 injectors in my red Jeep.

I bought a set of used 746 injectors off of ebay a couple of weeks ago for my renix. the seller has another set up right now for $40. I rebuilt them with this kit for $17 and they run really well.

When I was running 703 injectors my smog guy didn't notice/care. Of course those are a more subtle black color than the yellow 746s, but you could spray them black or brown if you're worried. I planned on explaining that the original injectors began to leak fuel so I replaced them with the upgraded models/w same stats, but never had to.

Back