• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FALL FLING

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Any body from Colorado thinking of going to the Fall Fling? The turnout seems a bit light and I am straddling the fence about going. So far it looks like it may be smaller than ColoradoFest.

I will be by myself and was wondering if anybody wanted to do a ride along?

I definately will be keeping it low budget but I thought about splitting a cabin at SlickRock or the CanyonLands.

I'm pretty sure I'll be going. I want to take my jeep, but we can do the cabin if its not too expensive.

I'm hoping to go for a few days anyway..... I took 2 weeks vacation (week before and week of) to get the rig ready and go the whole week, but not sure I wanna spend the bucks for that long of a stay...... It'll be a last minute thing I'm sure. I just like getting to re-connect with friends from other States and 'wheel with 'em.

One of these days, we're gonna need to plan a CO Chapter Moab run...... that would be bitchin'! :thumbup:

Anybody know how many peeps a cabin at SL will sleep.

Anybody know how many peeps a cabin at SL will sleep.

I believe each cabin has 2 single beds. But, some cabins might be set up different....... :dunno:

All I know is that when I shared a cabin with Schrock........ it wasn't nearly big enough..... That dude can snore! :eek:

I will be taking my CPAP machine with me so all you will hear is a quiet hum.

One of these days, we're gonna need to plan a CO Chapter Moab run...... that would be bitchin'! :thumbup:

I'd be there for that too. I went in May for the first time and had a blast. It'll take many trips back to hit all the trails I want to.

slick rock camp has 14 cabins 7 that sleep up to 3 and 7 that sleep up to 4 . and i read somewhere that co chapter gets a 10% discount . As long as the cabins aren't booked i am in on that trip but i ain't much on camping

Last edited:
I'll be going to Fall Fling. Haven't made reservations yet, but I'll just be snagging a tent site at slick rock. As you said, it definitely looks like a light turn out, but I'm just going to show up and hope that I'll run into some people I know.

I'd be all for a CO Chapter Moab trip, but I need a good amount of advance notice since I have to schedule time off from work and save enough days off. And on that note, the remainder of my time off this year is scheduled for Fall Fling (and Christmas).

I'm thinking of being there Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Anybody want to split a cabin. It should run about $20/day apiece.

My son and I are planning on heading to Moab late Friday. We think we will stay until Sunday. We plan to camp in our jeep and would love to meet up and hang out. We are looking forward to doing a run with the folks from the Colorado Chapter.

Old Man, We met you on the Pole Hill run and are looking forward to seeing you in Moab.

If I were you, I'd take a tent. Its definitely worth it, especially with two people. I slept in my jeep at COfest, and I wouldn't do it again unless I had to.
First of all, I took out the rear bench and folded the back down and the front seats folded (2 door), and slept diagonally, and it was still too small. And I'm only 5'9"ish. That'd really suck with two people. I've also slept in the front seats and on the rear bench and those are even worse.
Second, your jeep will smell like butt when your done. I showered every day at COfest and had the windows open all the time except for when I was in it sleeping, and it still stunk.
And third, its a pita to have to find/make room in the thing every night... if you move it to another part in the jeep, you probably will have to move it out of the way again when you go to drive it. Or you can unload all the crap in the back when you need to, but then you have to worry about it being outside because of weather/people/animals/etc. and you may need to load stuff up again in the mornings if you need it on the trail. And you'll need to move your sleeping back or blankets or whatever out of the way when you put your trail stuff back in.
Trust me, bringing the tent is definitely worth the extra space it takes up when packed and the time spent setting it up/taking it down.

Back