• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why are Cherokee parts so hard to find?

Doboy71

NAXJA Forum User
My goodness! :confused: I have been searching for two weeks trying to find a wiring harness for my 1988 Cherokee. I finally found JC Whitney but even they don't have parts! They directed me to NAXJA so I am glad to be here in hopes of finding some solutions for my new play toy. :looney:

Go to nearest auto salvage yard with a Cherokee.

Remove what you need.

Pay the man. LOL!

Seriously, that is the cheapest and fastest way.

Painless makes generic harness sets that can modified to almost any application, but they are not cheap and it would take lots of time.

Auto salvage--its the right thing to do!

PS--your post gives the year, but if you also give engine/transmission/transfer case info on all of your posts it will speed up answers to your questions. If you are not sure, just say so, no bad. We are all here to learn and help each other.

:eyes:

A wiring harness isn't a part most people EVER need to buy... hence why you're having difficulty finding one.

Cherokee parts are plentiful for things that normally need replacing.

Find one with a blown motor for cheap, now you have a parts jeep..I have a 88 in my back yard, if you were here you could come an pull it for cheap..

Saweet! I wish we could have spare parts cars here in the city. I'd sure have me a collection of Jeeps and Crown Vics. (Sorry, CV's are a weakness for 26 MPG comfortable trips in the summer.)

just picked up my "spare" a couple months ago
IMG%5D

cherokee parts are everyhwere in the 4x4 world. there's hundreds of online sotres and forums that you can go to. Did you try teamcherokee.com ? they have some random parts that not everyone does. do a search on google, and welcome to the xj motherland!!!

Last edited:
That is the cool thing about XJ's! Parts are the easiest to find. They got Chinese fenders for $29. On and on. From 1984 to 2009 manufacturing somewhere. I think they have the Bejing 2010 even.

man i wonder how the xj would look if they didn't discontinue in 2001. it's a shame to think of what might have been hahaha. They'd prob be coming off the line with a set up like rubicons. an "off-road package" strait from the factory. Sounds like a dream!

parts are hard to find? one thing ive found is that cherokees are very easy to find parts for and very cheap. if you want to customize a vehicle, these are one of the easiest to upgrade. all the knowledge is compiled on this forum.you can get parts from junkyards(cheapest if you pull the parts), craigslist, ebay, any of the many online vendors, etc. so on and so forth. welcome to naxja. start reading.

if you lived near me id give you a harness AND help you install it.

Back