• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another 3 in lift question - R.E. versus O.M.E.

Waxman

NAXJA Member # 1379
I've been reading the old posts and still have some questions. I have a 2001 and would like to do mild to medium trails and still use it as my dd:

1. Will both the 3.5" Super Flex R.E and the 2" OME allow fitment of 31 x 10.5 x 15 BFG KM's without trimming? Will there be any rubbing?

2. Both kits look fairly complete, anything hidden / not included? What are the pro's / con's of each?

3. Do you all have any good pictures of these types of set ups that you would like to share?

Thanks.

the RE (usually around 4 inches of lift) will fit 31s with no problems. you'll probably need to check the bumpstops for the OME kit, if you want to disconnect your sway bars, though.

OME jc1a rear leafs and some version of an old man emu front coils. I've got the ome 930 front coils and had to put in a 2" spacer to level the rig out. Combine it with a set of their OME shocks and some sway bar disconnects and you've got a great daily driver with some off road ability. OME is expensive, but worth it if you want quality and reliability. You get what you pay for

I run 31" BFG's on stock rims without a problem although I did extend my bump stops and put some washers behind my steering stops. PM me your email address and I'll send you some pics of my setup

Back