• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nominations for CO Chapter positions

Grant

NAXJA Lifetime Member
NAXJA Member
Please refer to JJ's thread about the order of business for our first meeting.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

In keeping with the agenda, I would like to nominate a couple people for the first boardmember positions.

President - Tom Houston, aka old Man. Tom not only has the grey hair, he has the experience that comes with it. I think he would make a great President of the CO chapter. He has strong organizational skills, is a very keen XJ'er, and is an all round nice guy.

Sec/Treasurer - Joey B, aka xjk9bar1. A long time member of the CO-XJ list, and a two jeep family, Joey B has volunteered to be our first secretary/ treasurer. A great guy with a nice family, Joey is an avid XJ'er and would make a great secretary for our chapter.

Anyone care to second my nominations?

anyone care to nominate other members?

Grant

I'll second Tom. Don't know JoeyB (yet?) but volunteers are always good. How did PT Barnum phrase it??

I'd like to nominate JohnJohn for president.
He is a born politician if I've ever met one. :)

Fred

I would second Led for VP. He's well known and has a good reputation as a wheeler and a hard worker. Haven't had a chance to wheel with him but he has thrown down the gauntlet and I guess I'll have to take him up on it this summer;-) Hope I can keep up without breaking something. From the videos, I think Stephanie would be impossible to keep up with.

Tom Houston

Last edited:
For now it looks like three positions: President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer. We could split up Secretary/Treasurer if someone can justify it. It might be nice to have that be a dual occupancy post. That way the Secretary wouldn't necessarily need to be at every meeting, they could alternate.

Ya looking for a job Hoss?

Tom Houston

Those nominations sound good to me, not knowing Tom, I'm trusting Grant. Which brings me to another possible position, events coordinator. If that position is brought in, I nominate Grant if he wants it.
Crunch

Thanks Crunch, I guess i am going to be the de facto events co-ordinator this year, what with the CO event scheduled for the summer.

I don't mind handling that at all, but I don't think we need to make it a board position. Basically I am going to be too busy (or is it lazy) to attend any meetings this year. : )

Back