• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Okay, I'm going to throw this out there

TheWarWagon

NAXJA Forum User
Since now I've finally gathered up all the parts I need, it's time for me to do an axle/tcase swap. Only one problem- I can't do it at home this weekend. Does anyone have any plans of working on their heeps this weekend, and I'll just slide mine in there? Maybe throw a lift party at your place? I can order a mean pizza, and I'm even old enough to buy the beer. Let me know, it's driving me insane watching all you guys get to use your 4wd, while mine's stuck in 2wd.....

If you can wait a couple weeks, you can do it at my place. I've got a run this weekend, and am gonna be out of town the weekend after, but the weekend following is possible.

Anybody? The local shop just quoted me at $520 to install the TCase and axle. That much money could buy a damn good amount of beer/sodas/water and food. I'll come to wherever I can get the help.

Anybody other than where I offered to help, one post above?

This is a pretty tough weekend since it's the begining of the holiday season. If I finish my wife's TJ, I may be able to lend a hand and provide space, but that's a big IF. I don't have a lot to do, but I have even less time to do it. I am trying to get an hour each night on it. Thank goodness I don't have school this week.

I hope someone else can help out since I can not promise anything yet. I will let you know if/when the TJ is done as see if we can get you in.

This is not a 2WD to 4WD conversion is it? It's just a T-case swap and axle swap?

What's the whole scoop and scope of your project?

Thanks

I could definitely help during the weekend as long as it's not THIS weekend. You've already got Cal's offer. Patience grasshopper........

Kyung

dude a four day weekend, if we wernt at jv i know i will be wheeling and spending time with the family from out of state. really hard week to try to get this done. sorry man but i would be takeing cal up on his offer and waiting 2 weeks

my .02

Well, I talked to my buddy down the street and i(we if anyone else decides to help) have full use of his garage and tools. He's located in Norco, 6th street exit off the 15. PM me if you'd like to lend a hand, it would be greatly appreciated.

So here's the tentative plan:

Saturday 11/25 at Noon.

All I have to do is swap a 242 for a 242, yank the d35 and throw in that 8.25. From what I keep hearing, it's a pretty simple job, but the more help the better.

Your going to need another driveshaft too. The 8.25 has a much larger pinion than the d35. I may have my 8.25 driveshaft in the garage still, I can look Wednesday morning. Don't forget u-bolts too, the 8.25 has a 3" tube, where the d35 is 2.75" i think.

-C

I have my 8.25 DS available but its stock, if you dont mind. Has new joints

That will work for him, he'll just have to swap out the slipyokes.

Don't forget the U-bolts and plates.

Alright folks, here's the plan

Saturday 11/25, starting work at noon.

Address: 4410 Sierra, Norco. I don't know the zip, but it's pretty easy to find. He has an XJ, TJ, and CJ in his front yard. Plus, you'll see mine up on jack stands.

If anyone's interested in helping out, or just showing up; let me know.

D35 plates off my 91 had round not slotted holes. I used the plates I got with the 44 which were slotted when I did my 44 swap. 242 to 242 swap??? What's that for? Is one broken?

markw said:
D35 plates off my 91 had round not slotted holes. I used the plates I got with the 44 which were slotted when I did my 44 swap. 242 to 242 swap??? What's that for? Is one broken?

Yes, my jeep went for a swim a few months back. And whenever it goes into 4, it doesn't want to move. When it does, it makes this horrid grinding/binding noise. For the small, mild amount of wheeling I do, the 242 is perfect.

Back