• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About me: 043500 for Treasurer SEC

NAXJA Forum User
Hello. My name is Jason "043500" Ledford and I am a Jeepaholic. I've accepted the nomination for SEC Treasurer and am running thus far unopposed.

I've been on NAXJA since 2002 (if my memory serves) and have had over 8 XJ's and 4 MJ's over the last 20 years.

I currently own 4 jeeps...my MJ and my son Cal's XJ (he'll be 16 in about 3 weeks) and then a 99 parts rig and the 4 door MJ thingy that we started robbing parts from...the motor is currently in Cal's XJ.

I love wheeling in the mountains and was lucky enough to attend 2 CRAWLS at Tellico and have been to the last 6 in a row in Harlan and God willing will be there in 2019. It's my only real wheeling trip each year.

I believe treasurer is a good fit for me due to I handle people and inventory (I've been an inventory manager and currently am a dispatcher) so handling money is 2nd nature.

I hope that if I need your vote I can count on it :)

Thanks for stepping up to run for Treasurer! We currently make yearly donations to various local parks throughout the chapter, as well as support Southern Four Wheel Drive Association. Is this something you would want to continue doing? Are there any other groups you would like to see us donate to?

I would definitely like to continue the donations.

As for other groups besides SFWDA I am not familiar with any in all honesty.

For donating to parks I think that is a must. I've only been to Tellico (RIP), AOP (once) and then of course Black Mountain in Harlan. I'd be open to ideas of other areas however for donations to go to and think voting may be necessary. I know Uwharrie is popular (or if your Glenn it's pronounced U-wuh-harrie). Selfishly I wish there were places closer to Florida where we could hold a CRAWL or even another event besides the CRAWL but there is always a LOT of debate on where and when (and I'm guilty of debating it too).
So all that being said I'm open to suggestions...all ideas are appreciated.

....I know Uwharrie is popular (or if your Glenn it's pronounced U-wuh-harrie).

:laugh: Every time!!

Seriously though, it's good to see you like the idea of continuing the donations. It really is a big part of what this is all about.

Good luck in the election!

Back