• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinions wanted

maineiac

NAXJA Forum User
the front of my jeep sits alot lower than the rear. the rear is re 4.5 springs with 1 in daystar shackles and the front is re 3.5 springs with 1.75 spacers . should i go with acos adjustable spacers , or re 4.5 zj coils which give the xj 5.5 ?

maineiac said:
the front of my jeep sits alot lower than the rear. the rear is re 4.5 springs with 1 in daystar shackles and the front is re 3.5 springs with 1.75 spacers . should i go with acos adjustable spacers , or re 4.5 zj coils which give the xj 5.5 ?
How much lower is the front than the back? Personally, I run with a little more height in the rear to compensate for load. When I load it down with a spare, tools, etc. it sits about level.

Les

Yep ... pull the shackles out and go back to stock if you want. If you want to keep the height, you could go either way ... ACOS or 4.5" ZJ Coils. Not sure about cost comparison between the two.

An inch is a bit racey ...

Les

ok so i was wondering how much differance their is and the best i could come up with is from the center of the wheel to the top of the body line ( im not shure how straight that line is but i have 4 in differance between the two, so it must be off by more than 1 in here is a pic

820343_1_full.jpg

Last edited:
It only looks like it's about 1-1/2" to 2" off to me. If that much. It looks like the front flares have been moved up and the rears haven't. That makes it look less off.....but there's also some rear clearance to be had by moving the rear flares up to match the fronts. I'd move the flares up and try and find a used set of ACOS spacer's.

If I was going to be replacing the front coils.....I'd just get the coil with the total lift that I needed and take out the front spacers. That way, you could use them at a later date whenever inchitis strikes again...LOL. Plus....the new coil prices are pretty close no matter what size they are. At least, to a certain degree, they are.

Aron

EDIT: "maineiac.......actually the springs are cheeper"
This is even more reason to get the actual amount of lift that you need and keep the spacers back for a "rainy day". IMHO

Last edited:
actually the springs are cheeper :wierd:, the front is cut to the body line and the rear to the door so i still had enough to attach the flairs

and i could sell the 3.5 in springs i have

Last edited:
i wouldnt pull the rear shackles,, they provide extra movement for the leaf springs.. get the acos

if i have to go up at least 1.5 more inches and i have a 1.75 spacer already are their any issues with going over 3 inches with the acos ?

Back