• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know what this is?

Remote door lock?
It’s not a Factory part.
What circuit does it connect to?

Trailer stuff maybe?
I just want to cut it out if its not doing me any service

TUwNXhB.jpg

What year? Best guess is a starter disable on later models.

Use your Factory Service Manual to determine the circuit the unit is spliced into.

A simple search on Google finds that the 6 contact plug is a starter interrupt security system.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
It's removable. Like said you're gonna have to figure what all it's tied into, cut it out and splice everything back together. Since it's aftermarket, there's no telling how it's been done or what it's spliced with.

I'm pretty sure you can remove those two thicker wires and reconnect the yellow wire that wasmcut. Then trace down the other wires to see where they go. You'll have to chase down the other wires and see where they go.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.:banghead:

Use your Factory Service Manual to determine the circuit the unit is spliced into.

A simple search on Google finds that the 6 contact plug is a starter interrupt security system.

standard.jpg
I haven't been so successful in my search, you just put the closest picture I've seen yet. Tim the voodoo xj wizard.

Thanks

Aftermarket security alarm BS. I've had 2 Jeeps with those stupid boxes under the dash now. I still haven't removed it from my latest Jeep cause whoever put it in did such a crappy rat'snest job on the wiring I'm worried about getting everything hooked back up right :(

Back