• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which motor mount?

88bluecrunched

NAXJA Forum User
Well went wheeling yesterday and my mechanical fan started making noises. When I got home i was looking around and found that my motor mounts were broken so i get to buy new ones. My question is M.O.R.E. offroad offers bombproof ones for $130 and Rusty's offroad offers some for $80. I have heard that the bombproof ones are good. So does anyone have the bombproof ones and would recomend spending the extra cash on them or just go with Rusty's?

I've been running Rusty's motor mounts since '02 without any problems. They transmitt more vibs than rubber mounts, but I wanted the durability of polyurethane. Good Luck.

Woody

I just ordered a set of Rusty's (Daystar?) mounts. Make sure you specify if you want lifted ones or not.

Yes. They tilt the engine up an inch and are often used in conjunction with a t-case lowering kit (especially on TJ's) to help with the drive line angles.

88bluecrunched said:
Well went wheeling yesterday and my mechanical fan started making noises. When I got home i was looking around and found that my motor mounts were broken so i get to buy new ones. My question is M.O.R.E. offroad offers bombproof ones for $130 and Rusty's offroad offers some for $80. I have heard that the bombproof ones are good. So does anyone have the bombproof ones and would recomend spending the extra cash on them or just go with Rusty's?

I'm a very satisfied MORE user. Been running them for a couple of months now (had them installed just before NACFest), and couldn't be happier with them.

The MORE mounts with the "torsion rubber" (p/n #JM600) are the ONLY way to go - vibration is only very slightly increased at idle, and once above idle they're nearly indistinguishable from stock once broken in. Oh, and they look cool and beefy too.

Rob

Back