• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

switches

I mounted all three of mine right below the power outlets/rear wiper switch.Theyre real easy to see/get at!

Would that be in the center console? I have the three switches(rear wiper,driving lights,defrost) no room to mount them between the power outlets.

ARB Switch's

A good place to mount them is in the glove box or next to the shifter on the center console. I have seen them done in the ash tray as well but that was with a toggle switch.

Its the bottom of the dash/radio/ac /wiper/defrost panel.Theyre between the wiper controls and the actual center console and on the left of center just above the mode lever!

try here... under the glove box.

sp1.jpg

I put mine here on my 97. They're out of the way until you engage the t-case, then they're easily accessible.
DSC01748.JPG

The nice thing about putting them in the radio cover panel is that it just snaps off.I can get to everything in about 1 second!

jeepzz, how did you get 4 switches between the power outlets, i only have 3, is it oem or did u do it

mgt said:
jeepzz, how did you get 4 switches between the power outlets, i only have 3, is it oem or did u do it

Ditto, how in the world did you do that?? Me likey :)

xjswitchbezelx4.JPG

The switch panel is from a European Orvis Edition XJ where they had the extra spot for an additional switch. (I got my rear spoiler & hood vents from the Orvis also) I used the extra spot for an additional driving light switch.
I forgot how much it was but I'll see if I can find the info & part # on it. It's around here (in my computer) somewhere. I ordered it though my local dealer but they didn't list a 4 slot panel on their computer until I was able to track down a part number and then, viola!
A week and a half later, I picked it up.

Still looking.
If I have to I'll pull the sucker back out and get the part number off the back of it. I remember how badly I wanted the switch panel when I first saw it and someone was good enough to pull their's out for me.
If I can't find it by tonight, I'll yank it out tomorrow.

You can special order the panel from any Jeep dealer once you have the correct part number but if you try to have them look up the part, they'll tell you it doesn't exist or they can't get it.
The panel is made for the Euro market but warehoused in the main Jeep distribution center in (I think?) Wisconson.

Last edited:
Here it is: 4897505AD

Thanks goes to Gianni for sharing this info with me over on JU.

BTW, if you look at the slots on your existing 3 panel openings, you'll see that each slot is keyed for a particular switch. When I added an extra fog light switch all I had to do was file down the key way so it would slide in. You'll see what I mean when looking at it.

JEEPZZ said:
Here it is: 4897505AD

Thanks goes to Gianni for sharing this info with me over on JU.

BTW, if you look at the slots on your existing 3 panel openings, you'll see that each slot is keyed for a particular switch. When I added an extra fog light switch all I had to do was file down the key way so it would slide in. You'll see what I mean when looking at it.

Hi,

I sincerely appreciate that part number. However, since the local DC is a joke, and I like those switches, could you please give me a part number for these as well? The one for the fog lights would be fine.

Tnx and kind regards

P.S.: I am also a Gianni, but I wasn't the one who gave you this info.

Back