• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Years Run

Phil

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Saturday 1-1.

Possibly Malakoff Diggins. Does anyone have a cooler place to go to? (Prairie City is NOT cooler.)

Who's up for getting off the damn internet and out on a snow trail? A hangover is not an excuse.

Phil Weeks said:
(Prairie City is NOT cooler.)

:laugh3: awww, pleeease? pretty pleeeeease?

There is NO snow below about 6000 feet right now, there is some forecast next week, but it's too early to trust. In case of no snow, Phil and I also discussed having a backup plan. There is basically no snow at Fordyce now, probably none on the lower half of the Rubicon also. How bout a run in and out to the first crossing at Fordyce, or Spider Lake at the Rubicon?

BrettM said:
:laugh3: awww, pleeease? pretty pleeeeease?

There is NO snow below about 6000 feet right now, there is some forecast next week, but it's too early to trust. In case of no snow, Phil and I also discussed having a backup plan. There is basically no snow at Fordyce now, probably none on the lower half of the Rubicon also. How bout a run in and out to the first crossing at Fordyce, or Spider Lake at the Rubicon?

I'm going to try to get my bro-in-law, sister, and nephew to Spider Lake and back tomorrow, Fri 24th but I'm not 100% because alot of the flooring still needs to be done and they want to go to San Diego/LA before they leave 1/1. It looks like you guys should see some snow on 1/1 if the weather forecast is right, it looks like it will rain here in Sac from Sunday thru much of the coming week. I cannot make it 1/1 for the run because they leave from Sac airport around 1 p.m.

The Boonie Bouncers are planning a snow run 1/2 Sun:

"Anyone up for a snow run (Baltic Ridge Trail) on 1/2/05? It's a mild
>> > trail that should make for a good snow run. If your not familure with
>> it.
>> > You can see it on the El Dorado NF map. It begins (or ends) on FR
>> #51
>> > (off Iron Mtn. Rd.) near Matulich Mdw., then for the most part
>> parrallels
>> > Iron Mtn. Rd., until it connects with Iron Mtn. Rd. near Hwy 88. As
>> we
>> > head South, up the trail. The amount & depth of snow should increase.
>> >
>> > We will be meeting at the McDonalds at Hwy50 & Hazel @ 8am, on Sunday
>> > 1/2/05. If your planning on making the trip, let me know, so that we
>> know
>> > who to look for.
>> >
>> > Rob" cell# is 916/792-9491. Rob's the pres of the club located in Sac/Roseville.

Here's the map of the trail:
http://www.booniebouncers.com/images/Maps/Maps_Baltic_Ridge_Trail.jpg

I'm not trying to get people from going Sat, I would love to go but cannot, but anyone wanting to go Sun 1/2 is welcome. I'm most likely going on this run Sun.
Troy

Troy

yo i don't think that that is a good idea. ther ground has a lot of snow on it and is very muddy and wet. if your going byurself thats dumb but even if u arn't i wouldn't go and drive on teh trail with it alll wet like that u'll mess it up even more.

stoney

Phil Weeks said:
Who's up for getting off the damn internet and out on a snow trail?

Stoney, what trail do you want us to stay off of? Do you have any suggestions for good winter trails?

big said he was going on the con. i just know two years ago ppl were saying stay off the trail when its all muddy. u can go just be careful on the trail.

stoney

I didn't go today, there's still alot of flooring to put in and my family wants to go down to Southern Cal. Yeah, we don't need anymore restrictions on the Con by mud wheeling on it. Do people still go on it in the Winter?

When/where are you guys meeting? I'm finishing up the flooring with my bro this morning and we are then heading down to LA/San Diego. My bro/sister/nephew's flight is at 1 Sat, but they might try to stay longer so we might be able to make the run although it is a long shot. Just wondering where/when you guys are meeting so we can try to make it.
Troy

Arco at Dry Creek and Hwy 49
North edge of Auburn, opposite corner has a 76
Meeting at 9:30

You'll know us when you see us.

Brett, I hate to say it, but

my disco axle finally came unshimmed. I was trying to crawl onto a car at work (no, I don't have a really really cool job, it was break time and we were bored) and the rear was spinning but the front wasn't. After work, I popped the washer back into place and I should be good to go for another four months.

shoulda used the chromo washer, what was I thinking :rolleyes:

did the zip-tie break? if you wanna get really fancy your could put a little JB weld in there

I posted an invite for Saturday on the Pirate board, a guy with a CJ (36s, D44s, ARBs) wants to come; http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315437

Nope, the zip tie was still holding the washer up in the vacuum housing. I just had to reposition the washer. Maybe after the snow run I'll do a more permanent temporary fix.

Nice pics you guys, wish I could of made it out there with U, but I just got back from San Diego at 3 a.m. this morning. Hopefully we can do that run again soon. :wave:

Back