• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Asking a newb question is one thing but then ignoring good advice and bring ignorant is another. Then you have trolls and posers. If your jeep has angry eyes I will most likely not converse with you to avoid a negative conversation.

I tried to input some helpful advice on a convo on there today... Other people came in and basically replied the exact opposite of what I said and couldn't provide back-up evidence... I find all too often 'posers' flood the information system with so much crap that the inexperienced have no choice but to believe in it until someone can come along and correct the bad advice/info face-2-face with that person... Why I rarely give out advice to my friends/family on FB or even over the phone/txt anymore is because someone they know on their end, will prob tell them its hog-wash and mislead them in another direction...

99SJ 'If I'm not there in person, I typically won't help' Ex

Re: Re: Important

And.. no NAXJA is not a great place for new folks these days. It was at one time, but those days are gone.

Wow. The honesty and truth behind this statement is huge.

Maybe we are/have become the elitist jeep club that we so often need to defend? I think we all need to read this quote and do some soul searching and try to represent naxja like it should be.

We should be able to ask dumb questions, jeep related or not and get honest answers. How many times do we run to ken stein with questions that we don't know. Same situation as how to cut a gutter. Just because we know the answers, doesn't mean everyone does.

Fore 'xj/mj proud is STILL a train wreck" Wheeler

Truthfully, I think the "newb" bashing has slowed down. I haven't bashed a new person coming here asking questions. Yes, I have given some a hard time but as many of you know, that's just how I am.

Flexd' got Ken's number if I need his help' XJ

As someone who has asked some "dumb questions", here is the thing. I could ask them on Ingo (Indiana Gun Owners) and get a bunch of responses or I could ask them on here and get a few good answers. I like the community here, I noticed a lot of flack on here goes away at events and I like that. A lot of my questions come from not having grown up on stuff and I am very hesitant to try things for the first time without someone who has done it. I didn't learn how to change my own oil in a car until I was in college (a friends dad taught me). A lot of the construction stuff I have learned on mission trips. I learned how to do brakes with the help of someone for the first time (now I do them by myself in about 30 minutes). I know a lot of people on this forum has had plenty of experience doing multiply things (you ask me something about stuff I went to college for {broadcasting}, I bet not a lot of people here know a bunch about it). I am very thankful for any help I have gotten in the past and I plan on paying it forward very soon (already have things in the works).

Wow. The honesty and truth behind this statement is huge.

Maybe we are/have become the elitist jeep club that we so often need to defend? I think we all need to read this quote and do some soul searching and try to represent naxja like it should be.

We should be able to ask dumb questions, jeep related or not and get honest answers. How many times do we run to ken stein with questions that we don't know. Same situation as how to cut a gutter. Just because we know the answers, doesn't mean everyone does.

Fore 'xj/mj proud is STILL a train wreck" Wheeler

The truth behind this statement and those above is unbelievable... I've been thinking back to just a few years ago (2009) when I first came on here... The attitudes have drastically changed and I would be intimidated if I came on here now as an inexperienced person...

99SJ 'I'll answer all the questions asked of me leading Green at WF' Ex

This place was shitty for news ALONG time ago when I car here. I left for along time because of that. I came back and hung around here and bought some parts and the people here is all that kept me here.

K "not sure why after meeting most of you" man

I've been thinking back to just a few years ago (2009) when I first came on here...

In 2009 people were complaining about how it wasn't like it was in 2005.

I'm more guilty than anyone else. I simply can't tolerate people asking questions on a forum that a simple web search would provide the answer to. I don't understand why you would ask a bunch of truck drivers, police officers and aircraft mechanics how to fix the flux capacitor on your delorean if Doc Brown posted an article about it you can find on a google search.

I also can't stand genuinely trying to help someone and then not receiving a response. How many times have people registered here, asked how to fix something, get a bunch of troubleshooting steps from people who know and then never respond?

Marine 1 signs up at Tun Tavern in 1776 and gets a complimentary beer.
Marine 2 signs up at Tun Tavern in 1776 right after him and gets two complimentary beers.

Marine 1 looks at Marine 2 and says "You know, in the old Corps we only got 1 beer to sign up."

There's always something better about the way it used to be, but it wasn't really, you just want it to be that way.

In 2009 people were complaining about how it wasn't like it was in 2005.

I'm more guilty than anyone else. I simply can't tolerate people asking questions on a forum that a simple web search would provide the answer to. I don't understand why you would ask a bunch of truck drivers, police officers and aircraft mechanics how to fix the flux capacitor on your delorean if Doc Brown posted an article about it you can find on a google search.

I also can't stand genuinely trying to help someone and then not receiving a response. How many times have people registered here, asked how to fix something, get a bunch of troubleshooting steps from people who know and then never respond?

Marine 1 signs up at Tun Tavern in 1776 and gets a complimentary beer.
Marine 2 signs up at Tun Tavern in 1776 right after him and gets two complimentary beers.

Marine 1 looks at Marine 2 and says "You know, in the old Corps we only got 1 beer to sign up."

There's always something better about the way it used to be, but it wasn't really, you just want it to be that way.

Funny you mention this, I was looking for instructions on how to reset the code on the keypad for the garage door opener at the house. First link that came up wasn't correct for my opener. Second link wasn't correct. Finally the third link showed the correct way. It seems that the internet is a great place for information, but not all information is always correct. I used the door opener for example, but there is many things someone on here could answer better then a google link could. If that is what they do to make a living, having someone to ask questions is great.

There is another reason why the people you meet in person on naxja has a totally different feel from the forum itself. It's because no matter how hard you try to make the point that naxja is a club with a forum site in reality it is a club...and then it's a forum site. There are a ton of asshat keyboard commandos here that you will never ever see at a run or an event. They will never become members, they would rather just pound away and try to let everyone know how smart they are while at the same time being jerks about it and scaring the new guys away. With the exception of a few (josh) most of the old timers are pretty tolerant of newbie dumb questions.

Doesn't mean we need to be dbags

We aren't dbags we just have a sense of humor when some are way too serious. Heck we can't even bring up a hitch without give TH a poke in the ribs but he knows its all kidding around.

I hate you all, I am going to go post on Pirate, they won't do anything like this there!

Last edited:
What the hell. The last two pages are like one big gay hug.

What the hell. The last two pages are like one big gay hug.

Bahahaha, good one Brad's twin! Seriously, have you guys seen that pic?

Back