• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How about a trip to Azusa Canyon

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Anyone interested in going to Azusa Canyon...anytime soon? How about a trip out there on the 17th??

I was just out there Saturday. I ran into "ZacAttack", and another guy who's name I can't remember. Both guys had sweet XJs. Azusa Canyon is a lot of fun, but there is one major problem: other people. The second river crossing going in was sucking in vehicles left and right. So if you do go, be patient when you come to a crossing.

id like to go check out asuza, 17th sat.

I'm in. This time I'm bringing an ice chest and some chairs. That way I can sit back and watch the hilarity that is; the second river crossing.

TheWarWagon said:
I'm in. This time I'm bringing an ice chest and some chairs. That way I can sit back and watch the hilarity that is; the second river crossing.

I agree, that is exaclty what I do, sit down and watch the other people make fools of themselves..!!! perfect! So it is on now, three people are going...who else????

EDIT: Time and Date:
We will meet at 11:30 am at the Jack in the Box off Azusa
Saturday June 17th, 2006
Depart at Noon

ya i heard also that you can sit and get a good show watching all the dummies,, Kevin

xjkevin said:
ya i heard also that you can sit and get a good show watching all the dummies,, Kevin

That's a fact. The "mud pits" are where the yahoos come to tear up their trucks.

and now my usual question.........

Would my stocker make it? Even just to this "crossing" you are talking about? I want to watch the dummie show!!!!

silverslk said:
and now my usual question.........

Would my stocker make it? Even just to this "crossing" you are talking about? I want to watch the dummie show!!!!

yes, most definitely.......that is the nice thing about Azusa......any stock 4x4 can get in.....once you are in, you have to watch yourself...obviously I would not recomend going into the goo and playing around.....but just to get and hang out, most definitely....that is my plan...just go and hang out.....i dont like havnig to clean up the goooey stuff......

I wouldn't want to play in the "goo". The guy I bought it from put Sears Longterrains or some crap on it and I don't have tow hooks or anything but do have a rear receiver hitch (thanks gsequoia) will I have to have any of that stuff to go up there? I would really like to go check it out.

silverslk said:
I wouldn't want to play in the "goo". The guy I bought it from put Sears Longterrains or some crap on it and I don't have tow hooks or anything but do have a rear receiver hitch (thanks gsequoia) will I have to have any of that stuff to go up there? I would really like to go check it out.
Yeah, i have seen stock Expeditions go in with no problems...I am sure you would be fine with the rear hitch.....

haha just remember to stay to the right of the second river crossing's entrance. Some people think that AWD=4wd

silverslk said:
Sweet!!! I will try to make this one. Are you guys gonna meet up then run azuza or meet up somewhere else?

We will meet up at the Jack in the Box off the 210 freeway on the Azusa Exit, and then drive up.

Maybe afterwards, we could hit up this hole in the wall mexican place off of Via Verde exit on the 57. Epic food.

TheWarWagon said:
Maybe afterwards, we could hit up this hole in the wall mexican place off of Via Verde exit on the 57. Epic food.
That sounds yummy!

Back