• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick injector question

so my xjs been running a little rough, i think it has to do with my injectors being dirty as well, my mechanic confirmed that when he looked at it after he was working on my roommates carb for his charger. anyways, i wanted to replace them with some with a better spray pattern rather than just throwing the same single holed factory ones back on, i was trying to find compatible ones but all the threads i look at just say the 5.0 mustang injectors will work, does anybody know a part number or year that would be a plug n play swap?

its an 87 4.0 cherokee

do a search for 4.0 with neon injectors... I would get them at a junk yard, way cheaper then buying them new.

Here is the part number- 0 280 155 703

Last edited:
junkyard injectors arent cheap enough to justify running 20 year old fuel injectors, theres a lot on ebay, refurbished and flow benched...

junkyard injectors arent cheap enough to justify running 20 year old fuel injectors, theres a lot on ebay, refurbished and flow benched...

True enough I guess.. I just hate EBAY but I guess if your confortable with it then go for it..

agree w/ xcm, id rather just do it right once and not worry about it later, i only have 80k on my jeep even tho its an 87 so i dont want to get old injectors unless ther refurbished, rather just bite the bullet and pay once.

thanks for the part number on the neon, but that leaves me with a set of 4, any 6 cylinder models you can think of?

and thank you both for the quick replies :)

Back