• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake that crosses over the valve cover.

Trouble

NAXJA Forum User
I have an intake from turbo city (rock-it) but unfortunately they are out of business and I cannot get a replacement CARB sticker to pass smog. All the intakes i see now are mounted where the stock box was, unfortunately, that's also where my power steering cooler is located. Anyone know of a CA legal intake that would place the air filter on the passenger side?

Im actually looking for the same, cause I need more space.
The only one I know of for sure is the THOR ‘cowl’ intake

I’d be curious if anyone knows of any others though

Why not print out and bring the CARB EO determination letter with you? Or better yet, make your own label.

https://arb.parts/Executive-Order/D-470#EO

This. Examples of CARB stickers show some definite variance:

carb-sticker-for-hks-cold-air-intake.jpg

0505st_25_z+custom_upgrades_for_your_custom_truck+carb_approved_sticker.jpg

2005ChevroletTahoe.AEMBruteForceIntake.Install10.jpg

Should be able to buy some labels at Office Depot and get some printed up with your word processor of choice.

Somewhere I have an entire roll of Turbocity Rock-it Tube EO stickers.

I need to figure out where those went. When they were around, if you called them up they would send you a giant roll of stickers.

Oddly they never asked if you were using their intake. :/

If you find them post up a good picture of one of the stickers so folks can print their own as need arises.

That was very generous of the company to help folks out like that.

I have a factory sticker on mine that references EO D-470, which doesn't help when the smog guy looks it up because it doesn't cover my model year. Still, I'll be glad to post a picture of it next chance I get. Really though, any home-made sticker with the right EO number should do.

Back