• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SECURITY

straightsix

NAXJA Forum User
Hope I got this in the right place. Re 95 4.0L LTD SE, in the UK this is the dogs nuts. Mine appears to have a Commando Systems add on, in that I have passive locking, remote start and numerouse other thing not mentioned in my Jeep user manuel. I have sent an email to Commando asking for any info on their components but got no reply. All I need to know is how to identify the system (where might it be fitted) and how can I find a user manuel for it? My Chrysler/Jeep main dealer knows nothing of these after market fits.

Is there a control box anywhere you can find? I'd look under the hood, under the dash panel and possibly under the driver's seat.

There should be a model number on the control box - and you'll have better luck getting information once you have that. That still doesn't excuse not getting a reply from Commando - at the very least, they could have told you where to look to get the information they need to get from you (and save you the trouble of posting here, and me the trouble of telling you what they should have told you...)

Also, it might be worthwhile to browse through their catalogue and see if they still have anything that will work for your XJ - even if the system you've got has been superceded, you may still get useful information - like on where to find the controller (that doesn't usually change too much...)

Back