NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old October 26th, 2020, 07:06
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Swapping out to Led's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
The cluster pics were taken with only the parking lights on, I was getting some glare off the garage wall from the fronts!
OK so was it with the parking lights on with the dimmer turned all the way down?
Old October 26th, 2020, 07:17
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
OK so was it with the parking lights on with the dimmer turned all the way down?
I noticed later that in the original shot the it was not turned "up" all the way (75%).

Obviously the kick panel is not on a dimmer.
Old October 26th, 2020, 07:25
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
I noticed later that in the original shot the it was not turned "up" all the way (75%).

Obviously the kick panel is not on a dimmer.
That makes a little sense cause I was wondering why the lighting was so dark in the cluster with the factory bulbs in.
The thing is your second shot with the cluster the LED's looks like what mine looks like at night.
With factory bulbs.
I picked up a Police Version cluster awhile back.
Thinking '97 or '98 cause it says Check Engine instead of it just being a symbol.
So I thought maybe if I ever get to getting it in would swap over to LED's.
Thing is mine look fine at night.
So I question me doing it or not.
Now the interior with the OneWayLight kit. Vast improvement there.
Old October 27th, 2020, 10:45
NAXJA Forum User

id not want dash lights that cant be dimmed. new cars with all their screens and displays are horrible for night vision. I got a car radio with tons of pretty blue accent lighting all over, cant dim the stupid thing at all, so I covered them with black tape. the stupid radio station tune display cant be wired to dim with the gage lights, instead it is a funky ordeal to dim the display via soft keys and menus, and it only has a high and low setting, when dim in daytime you cant see the station display at all, and on bright it blinds me at night, and the pull down menus are so complex, it becomes frustrating and dangerous to adjust the brightness when driving, but no mater what brightness the station display is, the blue accent lights around every knob and button are full brightness if not for the black tape. I hate these damn things blinding me at night, hate them, and the stupidity of soft key or pull down menus for a dimmer control is epic. stupid new generation computer crap is dangerous. give me an old school radio, where the only light is the tunner station display and include a wire to allow it to be hooked to the gage dimmer control, no rotten soft key or freaking menus, gawd I hate that crap.
Old October 27th, 2020, 12:33
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1990jeep View Post
id not want dash lights that cant be dimmed. new cars with all their screens and displays are horrible for night vision. I got a car radio with tons of pretty blue accent lighting all over, cant dim the stupid thing at all, so I covered them with black tape. the stupid radio station tune display cant be wired to dim with the gage lights, instead it is a funky ordeal to dim the display via soft keys and menus, and it only has a high and low setting, when dim in daytime you cant see the station display at all, and on bright it blinds me at night, and the pull down menus are so complex, it becomes frustrating and dangerous to adjust the brightness when driving, but no mater what brightness the station display is, the blue accent lights around every knob and button are full brightness if not for the black tape. I hate these damn things blinding me at night, hate them, and the stupidity of soft key or pull down menus for a dimmer control is epic. stupid new generation computer crap is dangerous. give me an old school radio, where the only light is the tunner station display and include a wire to allow it to be hooked to the gage dimmer control, no rotten soft key or freaking menus, gawd I hate that crap.

Preach it brother!!

I hate menus and silly features. Just a bunch of things to go wrong and no good way to eliminate them and keep the essentials working.

The "Varmint-Mobile": 1997 ZJ Laredo, 4wd, 4.0L, Slushbox