• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering play after PSC kit installation.

Chillipepperlq9

NAXJA Forum User
I installed the big bore gear box, reservoir, LS truck pump and hydro assist cylinder on my LQ9 swapped 1999 cherokee and now I have a little bit of play that wasnt there before. I am posting a link for a quick video.. let me know what you guys think.

YouTube https://youtu.be/cXzfuL_SNXM
7a56542b03454f36892db2d28e1808a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Could be the box itself or anything else in your steering system. Your going to need another set of eyes for that.

Could be the box itself or anything else in your steering system. Your going to need another set of eyes for that.
Yeah king going to use my camera and dog a little more, just wanted to see if someone had a similar thing happened and their solutions.

You got more about the engine swap?

What would you like to know?

All of it?
Lol
Got a write up? An escalade donor or crate? Used the tranny and tcase I presume.... whats the biggest hurdle? Wiring?

I might have a line on an lq9 or 4 but just the engine no wiring harness or anything. Trying to figure all the hoops Id have to jump through to get er to fire up

All of it?

Lol

Got a write up? An escalade donor or crate? Used the tranny and tcase I presume.... whats the biggest hurdle? Wiring?

I might have a line on an lq9 or 4 but just the engine no wiring harness or anything. Trying to figure all the hoops Id have to jump through to get er to fire up
No Write up. You can get most sensors plugged to your current dash. I have everything running, just needed novak module for rpms.
Engine is an Lq9 from a 2002 escalade and a 4l80e from a suburban. Hp tunners will be your best friend.

Need hugger headers to fit, electric fans, I used a b&m shifter, ac works compressor in stock position but had to notch the frame. I am running both computers from jeep and lq9 engine still.

What else.. it was converted to a run by cable and had to find a the computer box that is compatible with it. Build a custom bridge support for the transmission to fit right. You can use stock power steering pump and all accessories stock from the engine. All the other things were extra not really needed.. like psc, moving battery around, better radiator..
735e14d04915e79d5682c4fa9c886e92.jpg

in dig it man, bet she is a BEAST!!

Back