NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old March 28th, 2006, 02:57
On a Time Out

vibrates at road speed

This is my first thread just found this site. Hi to everyone.

Firstly my 95 XJ is as stock as a rock.

When traveling at 90 to 100kph (about 60mph) there is a horrible vibration in the front somewhere and quite high pitched so that what ever is shaking is doing so at quite high revs. This only happens when in 2wd, if i select full time 4wd it goes away. Both front hubs are new ,and its not the wheels out of balance, any ideas.
AND
are there any retailers in the US who would take the time to deal with me in Australia. Parts here are like gold, e.g. transfer case chain AU$640 thats about US$480 to $500 depending on exchange rates. How does this compere?

Look forward to hearing form you.
Old March 29th, 2006, 12:37
NAXJA Forum User

Re: vibrates at road speed

u-joints?

Could also be your transmission or motor mounts.
Old March 30th, 2006, 00:57
NAXJA Forum User

Re: vibrates at road speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper
This is my first thread just found this site. Hi to everyone.

Firstly my 95 XJ is as stock as a rock.

When traveling at 90 to 100kph (about 60mph) there is a horrible vibration in the front somewhere and quite high pitched so that what ever is shaking is doing so at quite high revs. This only happens when in 2wd, if i select full time 4wd it goes away. Both front hubs are new ,and its not the wheels out of balance, any ideas.
AND
are there any retailers in the US who would take the time to deal with me in Australia. Parts here are like gold, e.g. transfer case chain AU$640 thats about US$480 to $500 depending on exchange rates. How does this compere?

Look forward to hearing form you.
G'day. Your upper and lower control arm bushings could be worn. You could also have a bad steering damper. Check it for any traces of leaking hydraulic fluid.