• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ Oil Pan drain bolt size?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
Hopefully this is an easy one... and as I've looked thru several search forums I get different answers so thought I'd just ask here.

On my '01 XJ I changed out the oil pan drain plug several years back (don't remember the bolt size/thread pitch) but the plastic gasket is leaking and magnet has come loose on the bolt so I wanted to replace it. Problem is, it's still in my XJ holding the oil that's in there, in there. :)

I'd like to pick up a new magnetic drain plug along w/all the other necessities before doing my next oil change in the next few weeks. Could use some XJ expertise on what the appropriate size is. Sizes I'm seeing are 1/2"-20 or M12-1.25 & 1.50, I'm planning on ordering new parts online and having them shipped to my house so just wanted to get some assurance before ordering. Thanks all.

Back