• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubber interior "carpet"

scase86

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has any information on a rubber covering for the floor fo the interior of my XJ. I like the idea of the stock carpet but here in colorado there are just too many water crossings to justify having the carpet. I would go with a bedliner material but that just seems like overkill. Is there any company that makes a rubber flooring that will directly replace the old carpet? thanks and merry christmas!!

Do not buy auto custom carpet vinyl. I did for my XJ and it fit in the Jeep as well as a monkey's foot fits in my hat. Not very well to say the least. I had to do a lot of cutting and re-molding. Wish I had not bought it and just Rhino lined it.

-Joe

Cherokee91Red said:
Do not buy auto custom carpet vinyl. I did for my XJ and it fit in the Jeep as well as a monkey's foot fits in my hat. Not very well to say the least. I had to do a lot of cutting and re-molding. Wish I had not bought it and just Rhino lined it.

-Joe

I purchased a carpet kit from ACC, it was so disappointing I sent it back for a full refund (minus shipping), they were very fair about it.

I'm just going to Rhino mine.

If you really want to replace your carpet with some good stuff, go with the factory carpet. It will be more expensive of course.

Or find a new wreck in the bone yard, loads of work though.

The early XJ's came with the rubber mat interior. They clean up real well with a little Castrol SuperClean, so hit the junk yards. You have a few things to pull to get it out including seats and trim, but you only have to do it once.

Back