• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 truetrac

No the track width on a JK is 61.9" vs. the XJ at 58".......just a little wider. Also the Dana44 on the JK isn't a true 44, meaning the old 44 parts are not inter compatible with the JK axles like gears/lockers so forth

No the track width on a JK is 61.9" vs. the XJ at 58".......just a little wider. Also the Dana44 on the JK isn't a true 44, meaning the old 44 parts are not inter compatible with the JK axles like gears/lockers so forth

What makes a D44 and what make not? How do you differentiate one from the other?

The JK axels are 4" wider/longer than those of the XJ.

JK d44 parts are way better than the shit Dana put out in the 60-70’s… think 3/8” ring gear bolts versus 1/2”.
And JK d44 parts are just as, if not, more available.

What the hell is your point? Other than being that “aCTsHuaLly!” Guy?

I just meant the true or original Dana 44 up to the JK came out parts won't fit the JK axles. like the gear set from a JK won't work in a XJ or ZJ 44 axle housing and vice a versa just a FYI, meant nothing else by it

I just meant the true or original Dana 44 up to the JK came out parts won't fit the JK axles. like the gear set from a JK won't work in a XJ or ZJ 44 axle housing and vice a versa just a FYI, meant nothing else by it

I have heard similar arguments in a jeep meet. It was the winter of 2001/2002 in New England.

There was 15+ jeeps on an offroad trip. All were wranglers except of course me and my XJ. I bore the brunt of it all with a smile. What was it you may ask...
An XJ is not a real jeep It was labeled as the school bus. I wore that identity for a weekend proudly.

What is a real jeep? :confused1

I have heard similar arguments in a jeep meet. It was the winter of 2001/2002 in New England.

There was 15+ jeeps on an offroad trip. All were wranglers except of course me and my XJ. I bore the brunt of it all with a smile. What was it you may ask...
An XJ is not a real jeep It was labeled as the school bus. I wore that identity for a weekend proudly.

What is a real jeep? :confused1

And how did your "school bus" do that day compared to the Wranglers, hmm?

And how did your "school bus" do that day compared to the Wranglers, hmm?
Ha! Does that mean Wagoneers/Grand Wagoneers are not Jeeps? What about Gladiators (like the old J3000s and J4000s not the new Fiats)? What about a Cherokee Chief? I would argue a Wagoneer is more Jeep than a JK is...

Ha! Does that mean Wagoneers/Grand Wagoneers are not Jeeps? What about Gladiators (like the old J3000s and J4000s not the new Fiats)? What about a Cherokee Chief? I would argue a Wagoneer is more Jeep than a JK is...

Never said otherwise. Was simply asking how his run went and having a little fun with the "school bus" joke along the way.

Besides, can it be a school bus if it isn't yellow?

Never said otherwise. Was simply asking how his run went and having a little fun with the "school bus" joke along the way.

Besides, can it be a school bus if it isn't yellow?
Oh, I know. Rhetorical question. I wasn't asking you, you are clearly on team XJ not team open top.

Nope. Not yellow=not school bus! :lecture:

Back