• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rpm question

Jeepmedic46

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I tried to find the answer. Quick question about regearing my 2000 Cherokee. Has a stock 4.0. 3:55 gears rebuilt AW4 transmission. My question is if I regear it to 4:56 with 32” tires not going any bigger at 65 it will be 2700 rpm. If I go to 4:10 then the rpm will be at 2400 rpm. My question is will these rpm’s be to high for the Jeep. Doesn’t do a lot of highway. I apologize regearing confuses me.

This was already answered in your "regear" thread, what 4.56's will cost you is gas mileage and your top speed!

OEM JK take offs, 255-75-17, 32" tire, 65 MPH, 2100 RPM. That is my XJ.

This was already answered in your "regear" thread, what 4.56's will cost you is gas mileage and your top speed!

I saw that response where the gentleman answered that he had 33” tires and was running 2200 rpm at 60mph. My question is if I have the Jeep on the highway and the rpm’s are 2700 will that damage the motor?

I saw that response where the gentleman answered that he had 33” tires and was running 2200 rpm at 60mph. My question is if I have the Jeep on the highway and the rpm’s are 2700 will that damage the motor?

No. I ran 4.56's & 31's for about a year.

JIM.

no

With 4.88 gears and 35s I tend cap my top speed st 3000 rpm. The 4.0 doesnt seem to mind this, all traffic still passes me like im stand still. Not sure how fast im going at 3000 70ish maybe

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I ran 4.56s and 31s for a year at least myself.... one of the best combos I've had.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Back