• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Metal buildings (garage use)

Wanna come build a big ass metal building in Arizona? Trip to grand canyon included. ;)

~100' x 400' or so? Still have my Milwaukee TEK driver, and a couple of drift pins.

I'd be carful, though, it appears metal buildings attract spam like they do magnets. Or is it magnets attract spam cans?

Last edited:
I am very glad that you shared your happy things in life. I am happy for your wife as well as for you. I understand you perfectly. I also had many arguments with my wife because of our garage. And I understand it perfectly. Our garage was in a very dilapidated condition and didn't even have a high-quality door. There was only garbage there, and my wife disliked it. So this summer, I started working on my garage and recently finished it. We also have a garage door from advantagegd.com, and everything is wonderful.td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}

That's what you get for letting your wife go in the garage. BTW, I found a door I like; can I get it in pork? Do they come with unnecessary code too? Free delivery; right?

BTW, its not the door, it's what's behind it!

Pork?

That is such a general term.

Can I get it in laminated bacon?

The guy I bought the place from had the slab poured and the roof put on. Then he got transferred or something and left the shop looking like a car port.

I’m having it finished in this configuration, roughly.

2f0f38b6836b0fbe1010f35195a44633.jpg

a9dd30f8114b445214b4f8596a6c7f6a.jpg

e62ad39c6d2537d4b28d97894fb4a9e3.jpg

The structure in the corner houses my well water pump.

I am so effing ready to move out there when I get my shit wrapped up in SoCal Steel Buildings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello. Trying to figure out which metal building company is the best for the money. Including financing, and installation. I'm now retired at 55 by disability. I can do a little but I have to take it easy, so I been wanting a small garage with room for a lift. I will be starting dirt work soon, and have a guy ready to do the concrete work. What i need is recommendations on a metal building supplier/ installer that also does financing. I have a limited amount of cash to work with so financing is a must. The biggest I can afford is the plan. I'm hoping to have enough room for a 30 deep by 40 long. Two 10 x 10 doors in the front with a man door on the side. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey James, Welcome.

There's a few garage builders out there, plenty of the manufacturers are hands-off on the assembly and concrete parts. And with shipping costs so high, you probably want to find someone "local".

Where are you located? Is there snow load and wind ratings to consider? Local rules on building sizes?

Back