• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway bar disconct questions

XJ9888

NAXJA Forum User
I have a question about the sway bar disconects. Once you disconect the swaybar, how do you suspend it so that it is not just daniling. I got the disconects from a friend and im not sure if there was something that came with the kit that i dont have. Any ideas or pics on someting to fab?

I know the RE kit has some pins that you mount in the wheelhouse that you swing the disco up on to so its out of the way.

You could ghetto rig it and ziptie them so they dont dangle

I have the JKS disconects so they disconect from the bottom. I think that eyelet and bungie will work though. Thanks for the advice.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I know the RE kit has some pins that you mount in the wheelhouse that you swing the disco up on to so its out of the way.

You could ghetto rig it and ziptie them so they dont dangle

X2,
I Ghetto rig mine with ziptie's, works fine.

Yeah, zipties work quite well. On mine, there is a couple of holes in the passenger wheelwell towards the front under the battery tray area that I have a loop of wire running through, then I use a ziptie to hang the swaybar from the loop. It hasn't failed yet, and as for looks, if you are looking at my swaybar that closely, then I probably rolled it over again.

Why not just run w/o a swaybar? My disco tabs have been bent due to flexing, and I've been running a swayful xj! I will fix them, but first, does anyone have 4.5 inch lift with 33s and the RE sway discos? If so, I'd love to know where you mounted yours....

I don't run quick disconnects, I just unbolt them and pull the bar up out of the way with a short bungee.

Takes less than 5 minuets and costs nothing.

Back